Damp course,, u

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonymahony

I have removed all damp plaster the wall has bin injected do I now apply waterproof scratch coat and second coat just sand an cement then skim or is that not right I was always shown that way but customer seems too no different can any one help me out here

I would apply sand and cement ratio 4/1 with waterproof ie sika at 10/1 water to sika,, cut it off 50mm from floor if its solid flooring ,two passes making up one coat, floated it left for a week then skimmed. Unless the customer knows better or requests something else.

i would do the very same as john,, have the people who injected it told her to get it plastered another way ?

Blue brick method - remove old brick above dpc about 3 bricks out (external wall) and 2 bricks out (internal wall) with sds hammer drill, put in thin spread of mortar and dpc film in , engineering brick in, roof slate in on top of brick until slate are tight then carry on ... That guarantee no damp comes up - will need ask neighbour too for party wall. Injections are only temporary measures.
But that is very time consuming, also it can be temporary if there is movement and slates crack. The costs must be exorbitant and it seems OTT to me..

Blue brick method - remove old brick above dpc about 3 bricks out (external wall) and 2 bricks out (internal wall) with sds hammer drill, put in thin spread of mortar and dpc film in , engineering brick in, roof slate in on top of brick until slate are tight then carry on ... That guarantee no damp comes up - will need ask neighbour too for party wall. Injections are only temporary measures.
first time i have ever heard of this method

Is it s Victorian property Ryan?. Normally only see blue brick dpc on period properties.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I would be concerned re the insurance issue, the partial under pinning nature of the job,the cost and time taken to do it, the fact that a customer and party wall neighbour would have the same worries would not help..

I would question if it actually needs injecting

But that is very time consuming, also it can be temporary if there is movement and slates crack. The costs must be exorbitant and it seems OTT to me..
My old man used to do physical dpc ,and renter kill tried it 35 years ago , it not new mate just never took off

Whatever butt munch

No-one will munch your butt til you have the back, sack and crack wax that I recommended you have. Your bumhole is like a moldy mug full of chopped liver. Needs attention

No-one will munch your butt til you have the back, sack and crack wax that I recommended you have. Your bumhole is like a moldy mug full of chopped liver. Needs attention

glad you stayed on topic Olli :RpS_laugh:

A couple of firms do this in town but they do it for every job and some other firms have copied but they are fixing something that a vent could fix but there is no money in that :)

A couple of firms do this in town but they do it for every job and some other firms have copied but they are fixing something that a vent could fix but there is no money in that :)

And cleaning out the cavity.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.