Damp course,, u

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do i or not

I have removed all damp plaster the wall has bin injected do I now apply waterproof scratch coat and second coat just sand an cement then skim or is that not right I was always shown that way but customer seems too no different can any one help me out here
so do I or not

Lines and lines.......there is a Swansea!!....................

.....Sorry, don't know how to post youtube clips, it's on my list of things to do.:RpS_blushing:

Tony, just do the job as you have described and use a quality waterproofer. If the customer knows better? Tell them to do it themselves!! Always remember we are the trained professionals and not them!! Best of luck. For what's its worth I always use sand /cement with sika waterproofer or similar ( who ever injected it should have left the spec for the plastering work!) If they have? Use the product/method they suggest then you are covered :RpS_thumbup:

In 20's lol and eventually college here run plastering course last year after 60 years and first ever here

Are you in your twenties or sixties not sure from the above post and do you have to paint the bricks blue to waterproof them .

I can travel to Grimsby and do an irish green brick trick n cure your damp for a grand, special green bricks included :RpS_thumbup:

I have removed all damp plaster the wall has bin injected do I now apply waterproof scratch coat and second coat just sand an cement then skim or is that not right I was always shown that way but customer seems too no different can any one help me out here
If you've looked at the job and are happy with that method then that's what to price for. Customers who 'know a better way' are usually best avoided anyhow, probably a desk-bound clever sod who's "done a bit of building work in his time" Don't be swayed by this and if he insists you do it his way then you insist he puts everything - and I mean everything - in writing and follow it to the letter. Email correspondence is good for this as you can note your concerns or question his suggestions as you go along. He will need to clarify as you correspond and DO NOT start the work until you have had his final written instructions in front of you for 7 days :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.