Different

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Flynns coarse interjection could have been misconstrued as offensive if he had not put a smiley facey on the end ,thus inicating his mischevious intent.Although in his capacity as a moderator, not really relevent to the thread.

Andy's comments are of coarse flattering,and his humility and respect towards others are a sign of a true gentleman. but I will be the first to disagree with his comment, as there are many many other tradesman on here whom surpass my knowledge and skills and to whom I look to for advise and reasurance . that is the very reason that brought me to the forum, in seeking advise and knowledge on machines from guys who walked the walk.Their wisdom has been invaluable to me.

Of coarse the Forum is a conduit for a broad spectrum of individuals whom use it for a variety of reasons, some of which can be frowned on. But that is the essence of free speech.Warrior started a thread on industry standards a while back. .And it is on this very forum that liked minded proffesional individuals ( of which there are many) openly discuss and debate best practise and pass their wisdom down. This interactation being one of the best catalysts for advancement and improvement of standards across the trade.

Last edited:
I think that Flynns coarse interjection could have been misconstrued as offensive if he had not put a smiley facey on the end ,thus inicating his mischevious intent.Although in his capacity as a moderator, not really relevent to the thread.

Andy's comments are of coarse flattering,and his humility and respect towards others are a sign of a true gentleman. but I will be the first to disagree with his comment, as there are many many other tradesman on here whom surpass my knowledge and skills and to whom I look to for advise and reasurance . that is the very reason that brought me to the forum, in seeking advise and knowledge on machines from guys who walked the walk.Their wisdom has been invaluable to me.

Of coarse the Forum is a conduit for a broad spectrum of individuals whom use it for a variety of reasons, some of which can be frowned on. But that is the essence of free speech.Warrior started a thread on industry standards a while back. .And it is on this very forum that liked minded proffesional individuals ( of which there are many) openly discuss and debate best practise and pass their wisdom down. This interactation being one of the best catalysts for advancement and improvement of standards across the trade.

Glad my humour wasnt wasted :)

Flynnys jealous cause his bum chum render don't come on here anymore and boy did he clean his ring

Think flynnymarra was just yanking ya chain andy.............:RpS_thumbup:dont think there is any denying marks ability all his graft looks mustard..........:RpS_thumbup:

I knew that Arti but used it as an excuse to make a point that's been on my mind lately.

Well, congratulations are in order then.
bravosmiley.gif
Is this your first ?

The Gtec board is a gypsum based board......... if you were building your own house would you put a gypsum board on the outside?
Yes it is tested and assessed by BBA (it is as light as a gypsum board, as easy to work etc, etc - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is similar, but 100% cement core!).... just saying.....

The main issue that they have (and to be honest it works for them, as they do NO selling) is that it is only approved for use with Parex Renders... No other render system has approved it - to my current knowledge.... Knauf Aquapanel Exterior currently has 9 approved renders, 2 approved systems on a project by project basis (their choice), 2 further assessing for approval - as well as confirmed suitability for S&C, Lime, Tiles, Slip Bricks,etc (subject to weight and size restrictions) if applied onto a basecoat and mesh.

Oh - and you get technical support from Knauf Drywall.......... try getting some from Gtec.... Parex have to do it all.... (btw - Parex is approved onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior as well)

If Gypsum boards were perfect for render - wouldn't BG and Knauf do them as well......?

But they still sell plenty!

i take your point, im aware that parex use cement carrier boards as ive done plenty aong with most other render systems using cement boards
but equally i have used gtec boards on many parex project aswell and had no issues.
im merely asking your genuine opinion on the subject.

Can't win on here, if you slagg someone off you're a nasty ******* and if you give credit where due you're an arse licker.

There are some absolutely useless T***s on here, actually I think there are loads and loads of them, top guys like Mark and Paul to name just two, well they're bloody rare creatures and without them this forum wouldn't be worth a toss.
If that makes me an arse licker......well I can live with it.

dont rise to it, hes pulling your leg, and i love paul too.

@ Mark. do you find you make any big money out of these fancy jobs because ive done quite a few over the years and you just end up doing them on daywork as to price them you have to go over the top to cover your arse and then risk the chance of losing them as i do get satisfaction doing these jobs but the money is always on meterage. by the way that floor you done for me was spot on when i came to tile it x

To be fair, I didnt consider this we just opted for the Knauf as it is approved by Weber,and whos system we are using. Funnily enough after years of Weber and Krend Im finally going to break my Parex cherry in with a nice little 90m2 of Monorex next week. I understand from reading comments from a few of you that this gear is quite special.So looking forward to it.

The Knauf board is a real agg to cut and carry about though.

To be fair, I didnt consider this we just opted for the Knauf as it is approved by Weber,and whos system we are using. Funnily enough after years of Weber and Krend Im finally going to break my Parex cherry in with a nice little 90m2 of Monorex next week. I understand from reading comments from a few of you that this gear is quite special.So looking forward to it.

The Knauf board is a real agg to cut and carry about though.

welcome to parex world. are you sto approved?

No. Weber,Krend,Envirowall.Looking at Alsecco at the moment. The Parex guy I spoke to was very imformative and helpful in all respects.

@ Mark. do you find you make any big money out of these fancy jobs because ive done quite a few over the years and you just end up doing them on daywork as to price them you have to go over the top to cover your arse and then risk the chance of losing them as i do get satisfaction doing these jobs but the money is always on meterage. by the way that floor you done for me was spot on when i came to tile it x

Hi mate. Hope all is well with you. I dont ever price the ornamental work on a metre rate.As I know how long each aspect will take I take a veiw on it with regards to time plus materials.And yes I do ok out of them.

We did some external running for Taylor wood row then for lovells they wanted it at a third of the price

Am I surprised....no. I did some running for Berkleys on a job, along with 600m2 of lathe and 3 coat to ceilings( listed building) . They haggled for an age , then took nearly 4 months to pay us.The big guys are all the same.

Fishyman strikes again lol.

The Gtec boards are good....used them a couple of times. Good usable product. It's not the gypsum core that's the problem. That's bombproof. It's the paper lining that can peel a bit if left saturated for long periods eg under rain outlets that aren't diverted and some prolonged shitty weather. Only there the boards peeled on the edges. The rest was sound. Bit of common sense and don't leave them forever before basecoating and they're a sound product and lovelly to work with.

Nice work mark btw

Yep parex is good gear....doing the inside of a big chip shop in blanc du littoral monorex gf. The owner wants a Mediterranean look inside. Rissolicious

Yep parex is good gear....doing the inside of a big chip shop in blanc du littoral monorex gf. The owner wants a Mediterranean look inside. Rissolicious

i hope your using paraguard on it to seal it, once its set :-0

Fishyman strikes again lol.

The Gtec boards are good....used them a couple of times. Good usable product. It's not the gypsum core that's the problem. That's bombproof. It's the paper lining that can peel a bit if left saturated for long periods eg under rain outlets that aren't diverted and some prolonged shitty weather. Only there the boards peeled on the edges. The rest was sound. Bit of common sense and don't leave them forever before basecoating and they're a sound product and lovelly to work with.

Nice work mark btw

pretty much what our experience of them is.

Para guard ey?! So you can wipe off stains etc? He wants it floated/sponged too?? Any experience of this owls? A wishy washy med look he'll get alright! Parmurex & 310 better?

Status
Not open for further replies.