Dodgy multifinish

Status
Not open for further replies.

spredz

I've read a few posts about this and somehow didn't really take much notice i kind of vaguely assumed someone was doing summut wrong but I had it couple of days ago i tried to lay in and it completely failed to bond to the 1st coat never had it before it was rotten, plus the 1st coat dried to a weird tan colour and felt all silky and slippery. It was only on a small lid and small wall so no issues with timing or bad PVA or use of PVA. I was over in Wendover near Aylesbury (got a mate over that way) I scraped the 2nd coat off, which was just sliding about on the 1st and had to go back the next day with Finish i bought locally. Too much silicone in it maybe someone suggested having read British Gypsum's website.

Cheers BG you cost me a day's coin and a tenner on derv. Worried now about it happening again! End date was sometime June on the bag.

When i was scraping the sh1t off I thought christ if the punter comes in now he's gonna think I ain't got a scooby!!

Just use board finish mate it's much better, multi is s hit.
I only use multi on hardwall & that's it.
I use board finish for everything else, boards, re-skims, internal render.
Never had any problems with board finish.
;)

Make a claim from BG. Take a sample of the faulty product back to your merchant and ask for the BG rep to be called in. Explain that you have had to spend X£'s in time and labour and the fault is BG's because of defective material. It's within the BG procedure to pay out small claims for these type of problems.
Cheers
Chris

Thanks for the advice matey I'll bear that in mind in future. From your experience are you able to take a punt on what is likely to have caused this issue? cheers Spredz..

Ex BG Quality Manager said:
Make a claim from BG. Take a sample of the faulty product back to your merchant and ask for the BG rep to be called in. Explain that you have had to spend X£'s in time and labour and the fault is BG's because of defective material. It's within the BG procedure to pay out small claims for these type of problems.
Cheers
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.