Durisol

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

Have any of you guy's had much experience of rendering/plastering onto this system?
I have a job to price and this is what its built with. They are wantin parex on outside but not sure on inside till i go se them...Do parex do a roughcast? or is it just a texture via machine? thanks in advance..

yes, what are you proposing to use on them.

is it for durisol direct or a buildng firm?
they have the BBA but still advise to use tv10 on the externals.
internally you can use parex bric on them
they are strange to render/plaster over as there is no suction.

drop us a pm if you want

Won't they be a bit prone to movement as they're based on wood fibre board? Good looking product tho.

they dont move anywhere as concreate is pumped into the cavities, holding them solid. it goes in at about 80% slump so it fills all the voids.

Hi, we are seriously thinking of using Durisol for our project. what is tv10? I thought the recommendation was Parex Monerex externally Parex Bric internally? Is the lack of suction you refer to a major problem?

Durisol is a very good system and is a lot cheaper labour wise, than traditional block masonary.
tv 10 is a render mesh that goes over the whole substrate, incoprated into the external render.
the lack of suction is not really a problem as long as you are familiar with rendering/plastering over the substrate.
you can also use knauf mp75 as an internal finish aswell.

Make sure you get an approved applicator for the render and plastering[ who ever is supplying you with the durisol will provide details of someone in your area], as if not you risk voiding the warranty for the durisol system as a whole.

where are you located?

Hi owls, thnx for taking the trouble to reply. We're near Oxford - bit far from you unfortunately - unless you fancy a couple of weeks in a tent? Have you much Durisol?

Oops missed out a word there! Have you DONE much Durisol?

yes we do a lot of there projects across the north ,internal , floor screed, cavity pump and render. hence how I knew a bit about it.

what is your project, is it a self build?

Last edited:
Yeah, literally a self build, not much experience but plenty of time and not alot of money so I'm gonna have to do alot of it myself.

Bungalow with rooms in the roof and a basement, lots of insulation, no central heating (although we are gonna stick in a masonry heater) trying to sort out the building regs atm, planning decision due 21.03.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.