Dying trade???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Armstad contract emulsion which used to be Glidden, Johnstones Drylining paint, and Siniat(Lafarge) drywall sealer. I normally put up to 10% water with the paint, but the drywall sealer is quite fluid anyway so I don't thin it. I always clean my machine out thoroughly after, filters, lines etc and use the pump armour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use Armsted contract Matt most of the time, but sounds like that hire machine was pants doing them jobs. Made a right mess as well unit looked like a humid rainforest because of the thin paint.
An electric would do me fine for the occasional big runs to spray a unit or new build out, wouldn't put plaster through it.

I've literally just done a job for a builder a tanking job he rang me day after Boxing Day crying that he got a plasterer who couldn't do it and could i get there ASAP worked New Year's Eve and new year day and had to wait for the doe for a few days when I basically got him out the s**t he didn't even give me a drink sent him a text saying delete my number he couldn't understand why I was pissed off,have just maybe got a good opportunity coming up but when it's finalised I shall say what it is probably get slaughtered for it but it's a good opportunity
What so you had to wait a couple days for payment?
Wow

What so you had to wait a couple days for payment?
Wow
Nah it was on a promise get the job done and as you got me out s**t I pay straight up so finished up and nothing for 3 days to me it's a liberty I've been on the end of being knocked only happened twice but never a nice feeling and you get to not trust people if I'm told I'm gonna be paid on a certain date I expect to be paid

Try 6 weeks pagey lad lol
I know mate I've been there I was owed 3500 once from a firm I was young and green and let it go that far Superspread came on one of the jobs for me and said he had a bad vibe about firm and advised me to get out but I didn't listen and got done it's ironic he done two days for them got paid rang up for a tax voucher and they put 1200 in his account they ended up going under I done a job for another builder who took over that firms work and they took. 60k deposit from them and 3 days later went under the customer wrote it off and got the other builder u know if your going under more than 3 days in advance made me be a bit sharper hence if told I'm being paid on a certain date want it then sorry to sound arsey

I know mate I've been there I was owed 3500 once from a firm I was young and green and let it go that far Superspread came on one of the jobs for me and said he had a bad vibe about firm and advised me to get out but I didn't listen and got done it's ironic he done two days for them got paid rang up for a tax voucher and they put 1200 in his account they ended up going under I done a job for another builder who took over that firms work and they took. 60k deposit from them and 3 days later went under the customer wrote it off and got the other builder u know if your going under more than 3 days in advance made me be a bit sharper hence if told I'm being paid on a certain date want it then sorry to sound arsey
Ye know wat ur saying pal I agree if sum1 said a date it shud be fulfilled especially if u got him out of s**t its just how the building trade Is I'm afraid and will never change

Ye know wat ur saying pal I agree if sum1 said a date it shud be fulfilled especially if u got him out of s**t its just how the building trade Is I'm afraid and will never change
I know this mate it's almost another job in itself old Superspread is a smart cookie taught me loads about this side of game as well I always wanna be looked after if I've gone out my way but like you say that's almost fairy tale stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.