Dying trade???

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i finished a job before Christmas , i did not like the area ,but they paid up in full £9680 ,i try not to judge a book by its cover

I see your point, but to be honest I'll carry on judging books by the cover, the quality of the paper, the plot, the author's name and reputation, reviews and the publisher. (y)

i finished a job before Christmas , i did not like the area ,but they paid up in full £9680 ,i try not to judge a book by its cover
Get ursen down to migi in Leeds Keith and lets see if you dnt judge a book by its cover then put it this way u wudnt gamble a near £10,000 job in sunny migi

I see your point, but to be honest I'll carry on judging books by the cover, the quality of the paper, the plot, the author's name and reputation, reviews and the publisher. (y)
if it works for you ,then carry on mate

They'll go about the same time on sites IMHO. Obviously there will still be loads of work on the existing housing stock, but for new builds it has not one single aspect where it is equal to, let alone better than, the alternatives.

Brickies now have to deal with stud walls inside and render cladding on the outside... domestic market is fine :D

Brickies now have to deal with stud walls inside and render cladding on the outside... domestic market is fine :D

and like I said, when there are no studs, cladding or render because the walls come finished on a truck, they won't be needed.

Had to patch a ceiling for a guy. He put his foot through it. "It's a small area so it's only a quick skim" he said. I said do it yourself then.

Had to patch a ceiling for a guy. He put his foot through it. "It's a small area so it's only a quick skim" he said. I said do it yourself then.

A labourer put his foot through a ceiling on a job a few years back. The plasterer grumped a bit, but I was paying him day rate so no harm done. The labourer thought I'd bollock him, but I just said it's one of those things and glad he didn't break a leg or bust a nut. (I didn't think a few uncharitable thoughts!) He was quite chuffed and thought I was great.

Two days later I was glad I'd been so understanding. I put my foot through the same ceiling only by now it was the new board the plasterer had fitted. :ROFLMAO:

S
clemo just thought it was a good example of not judging a house etc didn't even know where it was

The job I went to look at. It turns out I was right. I phoned that thing back. Told her the job would be €7000. The fat c**t hung the phone up on me. The reason I phoned it back was to see what it would say. Lol fat cow

I went to price a job today. Take off old wetdash and finish it in sand and cement. Spent about 2 min looking at the job max. Just got in the van and f**k*d off. The house owners had welfare written all over them.
An hour out of my day. Just pissed off with plastering this last few months. I think I need a break from it. And yes I hate plastering lol for new. Might like it next week
I'm at that stage at the min as well builders hold money then pay 3 days later go to a job clear its miles from being ready and they say want it done in June would rather they ring me nearer the time,goes in circles though but Defo having a love hate relationship with plastering at the min onwards and upwards,I've told the Mrs to hide the rope and knives for the time being ;)

That sounds like a beast, I keep looking gracos but don't really want to spend 3.5-4k just to use it for the occasional paint spraying, not sure if a 1k cost graco pump good enough for this sort of work.
It won't. I have a Graco 495 that I use for drywall sealer and emulsion. It only sprays up to a .23 thou tip and not at the volume you need for airless plaster. Needs to be a gallon a minute and a .35 tip so a large machine is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't. I have a Graco 495 that I use for drywall sealer and emulsion. It only sprays up to a .23 thou tip and not at the volume you need for airless plaster. Needs to be a gallon a minute and a .35 tip so a large machine is required.

What emulsion you putting through the machine? Does it needs watering down? Used a hire one a few times it was a complete nightmare had to thin the paint down, ended up with 3 coats instead of 2.

I use Armstad contract emulsion which used to be Glidden, Johnstones Drylining paint, and Siniat(Lafarge) drywall sealer. I normally put up to 10% water with the paint, but the drywall sealer is quite fluid anyway so I don't thin it. I always clean my machine out thoroughly after, filters, lines etc and use the pump armour.

My sprayer was £1300 plus vat. I had a few hundred off it as it was a demonstrator that the local Johnstones manager used to take around to show potential customers. It only had 90 litres pot through it when I bought it and had been checked over by a Graco technician. I've been looking at the petrol driven Graco 5900 which is the Honda engined version of the Mk5. You'd never struggle for site power, just park it outside and crack on. It wouldn't get any overspray on it then either.

I'm at that stage at the min as well builders hold money then pay 3 days later go to a job clear its miles from being ready and they say want it done in June would rather they ring me nearer the time,goes in circles though but Defo having a love hate relationship with plastering at the min onwards and upwards,I've told the Mrs to hide the rope and knives for the time being ;)
The job I went to look at. It turns out I was right. I phoned that thing back. Told her the job would be €7000. The fat c**t hung the phone up on me. The reason I phoned it back was to see what it would say. Lol fat cow
Exactly same for me here ..January always a get going month.had two jobs cancel last week for this week , just had another two 'good' ones come in..got a builder plonker booked for first two weeks of February but got a feeling he will skank me just before I start.
@keithuk has the best saying for it...living the dream.

Exactly same for me here ..January always a get going month.had two jobs cancel last week for this week , just had another two 'good' ones come in..got a builder plonker booked for first two weeks of February but got a feeling he will skank me just before I start.
I've literally just done a job for a builder a tanking job he rang me day after Boxing Day crying that he got a plasterer who couldn't do it and could i get there ASAP worked New Year's Eve and new year day and had to wait for the doe for a few days when I basically got him out the s**t he didn't even give me a drink sent him a text saying delete my number he couldn't understand why I was pissed off,have just maybe got a good opportunity coming up but when it's finalised I shall say what it is probably get slaughtered for it but it's a good opportunity

Ahhh the old best one only an hours work for a plasterer yeah in between all there crap and sheeting up its a days money regardless in my eyes

Our game is full off stress ,sometimes you just have to go with it ,when we get rained off these days i look at it as a rest !

Our game is full off stress ,sometimes you just have to go with it ,when we get rained off these days i look at it as a rest !
The amount of days we all must lose but like you say part of the job now just an excuse to sit around in ya pants doing f all until the Mrs gets home then starts saying u been at home all day doing nothing like when they think we go work all day have a chat with the blokes then come back home,and my Mrs is a floor screeder lol

I've literally just done a job for a builder a tanking job he rang me day after Boxing Day crying that he got a plasterer who couldn't do it and could i get there ASAP worked New Year's Eve and new year day and had to wait for the doe for a few days when I basically got him out the s**t he didn't even give me a drink sent him a text saying delete my number he couldn't understand why I was pissed off,have just maybe got a good opportunity coming up but when it's finalised I shall say what it is probably get slaughtered for it but it's a good opportunity
Cmon pagey spill the beans..u teaming up with rwf guy or sumat?

Agree with ya ..only problem for me is my rest is when I am at work not back home cus the mrs starts rolling out her list of jobs that need doing round the house,lol

Sometimes I nip round my mates house and tell her I was at work though.

Defo living the dream.

Flipping heck pages posted exactly same at same time,

Flipping mad this game I going to another thread

Cmon pagey spill the beans..u teaming up with rwf guy or sumat?
I ain't that informative but it's gonna be a welcome to my life and it will include getting more abuse than I get now you never know who's watching do ya so gotta keep cards close to my chest although will say the shares I've just brought in the plasterers forum might have something to do with it ;)

I ain't that informative but it's gonna be a welcome to my life and it will include getting more abuse than I get now you never know who's watching do ya so gotta keep cards close to my chest although will say the shares I've just brought in the plasterers forum might have something to do with it ;)
Nah stock market is gone to s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.