Everyday plaster kit

Members online

No members online now.

Heritage Plasters

Hello everyone. I've had a great time the last few weeks learning about the differences between plaster in the US and UK. I've found a lot of similarly but quite a few differences as well. Since I was planning to refresh my plaster bag anyway I thought I'd share a few pics of what I drag with me to the job every day and maybe also get some ideas on a few more items I didn't know I desperately needed so I can convince the Mrs that I need more tools. (she swears I have every plaster tool ever made and has been a little annoyed that I've discovered a forum with a continent's worth of more tools to explore.)

Here's my everyday interior plaster bag:

Everything here goes in the bag.
Everyday plaster kit

Here is the loaded bag. (Weighs apx 45lbs.)
Everyday plaster kit

I'd empty mine but you wouldn't see the tools for the dust. Nice collection there [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a van to leave stuff in? Tbh that lot would cover most internal jobs as is........ maybe add a spat like speedskims...... just because you can. Might have to strap it to your back though

Hello everyone. I've had a great time the last few weeks learning about the differences between plaster in the US and UK. I've found a lot of similarly but quite a few differences as well. Since I was planning to refresh my plaster bag anyway I thought I'd share a few pics of what I drag with me to the job every day and maybe also get some ideas on a few more items I didn't know I desperately needed so I can convince the Mrs that I need more tools. (she swears I have every plaster tool ever made and has been a little annoyed that I've discovered a forum with a continent's worth of more tools to explore.)

Here's my everyday interior plaster bag:

Everything here goes in the bag.
View attachment 19021

Here is the loaded bag. (Weighs apx 45lbs.)
View attachment 19022

Very clean... my wife would go bonkers if I emptied mine out the dust in the bag is criminal

Do you have a van to leave stuff in? Tbh that lot would cover most internal jobs as is........ maybe add a spat like speedskims...... just because you can. Might have to strap it to your back though

I use a 11.5' box truck for work so most of the time the tools stay in there. I never knew speedskims existed till a couple months ago and am definitely interested in getting one but sourcing it is hard. I'd have to order from over there and not being able to try one/see it in action other than YouTube gives me pause.

I use a 11.5' box truck for work so most of the time the tools stay in there. I never knew speedskims existed till a couple months ago and am definitely interested in getting one but sourcing it is hard. I'd have to order from over there and not being able to try one/see it in action other than YouTube gives me pause.

It'll be deffinatly worth the effort for you to track a speedskim down.
the blue plastic st blade is an epic tool.
If you can find one they do a 4ft/2ft combo set which also comes with a pole attachment that's probably the one to look for.
@Speedskim any U.S distributors?.

It'll be deffinatly worth the effort for you to track a speedskim down.
the blue plastic st blade is an epic tool.
If you can find one they do a 4ft/2ft combo set which also comes with a pole attachment that's probably the one to look for.
@Speedskim any U.S distributors?.

I'd be very interested if I could find one. I thought I read that the 600mm one was the sweet spot for size. Would you say that's true?