Fiddly bits, reveals and stuff

ChrispyUK

Trying to keep improving and taking it to the next level. Wondered what tips you guys have for getting reveals really square and crisp or when your working off a door lining into a corner.

I've been steadying the trowel with 2 hands to try and keep it square to the beads etc, is that a good approach or a pile of ****? :D

Thanks Jess, thats the approach I use. I may just be getting too picky, but probably just more practice...cheers.
Yeah, think it's just making sure first coat not too thick and letting it go enough so it doesn't sag by the bead and then like I say, up n down........ just to clarify i'm definitely still talking about reveals!!

Thanks guys. Yep, work with the bead. Some of my questions may seem basic at times...I'm just a picky f**k*r, and know the devil is in the detail and refining the basics, Mr Miyagi style. Wax on...f**k off!! :D

Trying to keep improving and taking it to the next level. Wondered what tips you guys have for getting reveals really square and crisp or when your working off a door lining into a corner.

I've been steadying the trowel with 2 hands to try and keep it square to the beads etc, is that a good approach or a pile of ****? :D
Pile of s**t:coffe:

I have not done this myself but I saw a place the other day and it had a stop bead against the window frame.

Yeah, think it's just making sure first coat not too thick and letting it go enough so it doesn't sag by the bead and then like I say, up n down........ just to clarify i'm definitely still talking about reveals!!
Run a plastic float up and down it with a touch of water before trowelling up gets it flat as

If you get knowledge of super spread take it and he won't let ya down

Thanks Pagey. I will PM him, and as I've said before, I appreciate all feedback. I wear my heart on my sleeve a bit on this forum...genuinely trying to get better so a bit of tough love is much respected...we all battle through the s**t in life x

Thanks Pagey. I will PM him, and as I've said before, I appreciate all feedback. I wear my heart on my sleeve a bit on this forum...genuinely trying to get better so a bit of tough love is much respected...we all battle through the s**t in life x
I was his apprentice so take from me he can be a cont but what he don't know about plastering ain't worth knowing and that pains me to say that

I was his apprentice so take from me he can be a cont but what he don't know about plastering ain't worth knowing and that pains me to say that

I know a few people like that Pagey....like I said, tough love. Its not always obvious at the time, but you can't thank them enough through the years!