Float and set or dot and dab

Interesting stuff. The article states use a DPC before applying renovating plaster. I have a job coming up in period property, was thinking of using renovating instead of usual lime putty mortar. Can I use renovating without dpc and not expect any issues? Single skin stone with external lime render and has rising damp internally.

There two different approaches in regards to humidity. One is modern for properties with cavities, built after 1919 and another one if for traditionally built solid stone or brick walls with no cavity. Typically built before 1919.

You could see the differences on the photo and in our recent publication:

https://greenbuilding.co.uk/insulating-masonry-walls-of-old-stone-cottages-and-listed-buildings

If it is a solid stone wall, the idea is to help the building to dry to outside and ideally insulate as well. No problem using renovating plaster without dpc, provided no impermeable materials, like sand cement, present in a skin of a property.

If customer do not want to insulate the property, you could use single layer renovation Rasolite:
https://www.plasterersforum.com/thr...airs-of-traditionally-built-properties.66030/

Otherwise, you could use two layers Bauwer insulation system, Bauwer Light (insulating layer) + Bauwer Finish

Regards, Alexander

There two different approaches in regards to humidity. One is modern for properties with cavities, built after 1919 and another one if for traditionally built solid stone or brick walls with no cavity. Typically built before 1919.

You could see the differences on the photo and in our recent publication:

https://greenbuilding.co.uk/insulating-masonry-walls-of-old-stone-cottages-and-listed-buildings

If it is a solid stone wall, the idea is to help the building to dry to outside and ideally insulate as well. No problem using renovating plaster without dpc, provided no impermeable materials, like sand cement, present in a skin of a property.

If customer do not want to insulate the property, you could use single layer renovation Rasolite:
https://www.plasterersforum.com/thr...airs-of-traditionally-built-properties.66030/

Otherwise, you could use two layers Bauwer insulation system, Bauwer Light (insulating layer) + Bauwer Finish

Regards, Alexander

Thanks for the info. The property has a cement based external render, so no moisture will pass through to the outside, what would you recommend in this case?

I'd dot and dab 100%. Far easier, quicker and better on the body. When I go to work I want to do the less work for the most money I can so for me whacking a bit of adhesive on the wall the sticking a board wins hand down. It all looks the same at the end of the day.

I'd dot and dab 100%. Far easier, quicker and better on the body. When I go to work I want to do the less work for the most money I can so for me whacking a bit of adhesive on the wall the sticking a board wins hand down. It all looks the same at the end of the day.
But not as good as sand and cement. Easy yes better now. :birra:

Float and set is piss easy with a machine, I'm fooked after a day of throwing boards about

Thanks for the info. The property has a cement based external render, so no moisture will pass through to the outside, what would you recommend in this case?

Assuming solid stone wall older property, suggest removing sand and cement render, as it would trap moisture.

If insulation is required you could use Bauwer Light + Bauwer Finish.
If no insulation required, single layer of Rasolite renovation render, plaster would do the job.

Hope this helps.

Assuming solid stone wall older property, suggest removing sand and cement render, as it would trap moisture.

If insulation is required you could use Bauwer Light + Bauwer Finish.
If no insulation required, single layer of Rasolite renovation render, plaster would do the job.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll look at your products. Million dollar question...when I use non hydraulic putty based I'm confident of no further damp problems....how do yours compare on breathability?

Thanks. I'll look at your products. Million dollar question...when I use non hydraulic putty based I'm confident of no further damp problems....how do yours compare on breathability?

Hi Mate, Bauwer and Vimark renders plasters are highly breathable materials. The measure of breathability or vapour permeability is vapour permeability coefficient μ. It should be below 15 in order for material to be called breathable. Bauwer Light vapour permeability coefficient is only 4. Could you please see the video from our exhibition at Harrogate (Homebuilding and Renovating). As you could see we demonstrated breathability of our material with a help of a simple aquarium, by pressurizing air below brick of Bauwer Light by a simple aquarium compressor:

Hi Mate, Bauwer and Vimark renders plasters are highly breathable materials. The measure of breathability or vapour permeability is vapour permeability coefficient μ. It should be below 15 in order for material to be called breathable. Bauwer Light vapour permeability coefficient is only 4. Could you please see the video from our exhibition at Harrogate (Homebuilding and Renovating). As you could see we demonstrated breathability of our material with a help of a simple aquarium, by pressurizing air below brick of Bauwer Light by a simple aquarium compressor:

God you fuucking salesmen would sell shiit to a fly.