Floating in hard wall then over it in bonding

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

markj

What is the general consensus on floating out with hard wall on block work then covering with bonding

Saw some one float some block work out with hard wall ..and because the rest of the wall was painted they then applyed a coat of bonding over the entire wall..
But for some reason I have got it in my head that you should not put bonding over still damp hardwall ...
Not sure why is just something I seem to remember....

is it wrong or is it ok
Just trying to see if what I think is correct

What is the general consensus on floating out with hard wall on block work then covering with bonding

Saw some one float some block work out with hard wall ..and because the rest of the wall was painted they then applyed a coat of bonding over the entire wall..
But for some reason I have got it in my head that you should not put bonding over still damp hardwall ...
Not sure why is just something I seem to remember....

is it wrong or is it ok
Just trying to see if what I think is correct

i may have put bonding on the painted brickwork then floated to lot with hardwall. i would not put bonding on top of hardwall as there is nothing to gain from it.

Done that a couple of years ago put bonding over hardwall reason being hardwall never skimmed same day.the wall took ages to dry !painted up fine but maybe paint might react in time .wouldnt do it again

cant see a problem... although bonding is for low suction BG's and a hardwall will suck like a prozzy on pricework....

cant see a problem... although bonding is for low suction BG's and a hardwall will suck like a prozzy on pricework....

hardwall is a plasterers plaster. it will skim perfect if you know your suctions, it rules in easy.
bonding does not rule in at all well, it is just a material to build up a key. to me that is a big problem.

Can't see a problem skimming hardwall I think it's nice to skim just like the old browning an skimming the same day for me goes on lovely only those who struggle with suction issues don't know enough bout using it

I think it's the other way round , what I mean is setting bonding gives me arms like popeye but setting hardwall even on blockwork is a lot easier,especially if u can give it a little drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.