Full house price ????????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right here go's. Priced a full house to re skim. 3 bed, hall way stair case and landing, front room 4 x 4, dining room 6.5 x 4, kitchen L shape 6.5 x 5. There is some patch work but I can do as I go. The job will not be ready all in one go either. 2 man job on stair case, dining room and kitchen. Put in price for £1840 labour. Is it me or is the customer taking the mick expecting it to be cheaper.

A tad on the cheap side mate, hard to say without actually seeing it, how long u reckon it will take u to do? As in man hours,u skimming the ceilins too?

they always expect it to be cheaper! i once ask a customer how much they earn a day before tax and said well i need more than that as i get no sick pay and no holiday pay!!!!! i work out my prices on how long it takes me plus materials! if they dont want to pay it go get someone else who isnt as good or as busy!!!

Thanks for your replays everyone. Thought it was just me. Told the customer the price was the going rate for a house to be done.
Yeah all ceiling's to be skimmed and another man for 3 days to help on the staircase and the 2 large rooms down stairs. Doesn't include mats flat boy skim.

If u don't really need the work tell them to take it or leave it, they might say they can get it cheaper, mabye so but don't sell ureself short, cheapest isint always best. Some customers just don't know wots involved they think it's just a case of putting. Plaster on and its easy

I'm guessing the size of the H/S/L but I would say anything under £2k labour only is good for the customer :RpS_thumbup:

I went to price a job today full house, he is ripping every bit of plaster out in every room. He said how long will it take you? About 1-2 days? You should of seen his face when I told him roughly 3-4 days a room

That a good price ,if they don,t like it that their choice ,there is always someone cheaper ,and there always will be

Right here go's. Priced a full house to re skim. 3 bed, hall way stair case and landing, front room 4 x 4, dining room 6.5 x 4, kitchen L shape 6.5 x 5. There is some patch work but I can do as I go. The job will not be ready all in one go either. 2 man job on stair case, dining room and kitchen. Put in price for £1840 labour. Is it me or is the customer taking the mick expecting it to be cheaper.
tell them you can do it for 1700 but tell them they will have to sand back every wall and ceiling

as has been said anything under 2k is good for the customer last simple reskim on a full 3 bed house i did labour and materials came in at a 2800

at first glance iamthewalrus i thought it was on the low side, without seeing it my price would have been 2,300 quid, but taking into account recession etc i think you have got it spot on , there will always be lower prices ,somebody cheaper but if they are not happy with it smile ,dont shout down the phone,say thanks for being given the chance to quote and remind them again and again a firm date for starting, you never know it might just put a bit doubt in there heads, and they might still come back to you.

Yeah good advice there,be polite as the people that go in too cheap and cock it up give them the chance too call you back to sort it out.

im pricing up 3 bed semis at £2000 labour to reskim at the moment , i think £1800 would be my cut off point,but i have been up against quotes as little as £1200,

1200 to reskim a entire 3 bed fook that, theres alot of desperate people out there at the mo trying to get work anyway they can i spose

Status
Not open for further replies.