Goin rates

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastered123

Anyone know the goin rate for board and skim, new build.
North west area
:RpS_blink:.
Just been told £3.40m2 for both seems low to me.

You should be getting that for skimming ceilings it's a joke

Should be a minimum on good runs a fiver

At that rate spunky you can make a fair living without killing ourselves in the process. Will sort its self out in time, we will have all killed our selves trying tomake a days money we few that remain will cream it in.

True but it's still a struggle to earn a couple of hundred quid a day on a decent job on half decent rates
The law of averages dictated by rates at the moment are s**t we all get a good job but then follows a week off or you get stuck on daywork or the staircases on the same rates and it still evens out Then you get to the point of is it worth it **** I'll do domestic instead
I got offered 5 quid a metre float and set for a 120 mile round trip, I told him after paying fuel and paying my mate and averaging 40m day in day out id earn 100 quid he just said well we can't price more cause we can't win the jobs ......the industries worthless

normally do domestic but works slack lately
just wondering whether its worth payin out for the cscs
been offered 2 houses but more work to follow.

I think the chap we were working for was dangling the carrot to keep us on site to finish the job, it never materialised......

strange that one though. theyve sold nearly 5200 houses profiting 61m.

thats less than 12k profit per house..........

Thats the sort of margins they work on believe it or not, its the land that costs the money.

well there will be ppl doing it for that but god only knowws why, nyou can get better money working in starbux. bet they wont still be doing it when they hit 50 tho prob be on crutches by then

ha in Nottingham its £2.20m2 on skim in new build and the same price for ceilings and most new builds or full of cupboards now days.
its just not worth getting out of bed for new build now.

ha not so long ago i did a job for a big sub-contractor that did all David Wilson homes new build work in Nottingham
it was a big 4 bedroom house.. with 3 bathroom a total of 6 rooms up stairs,, down stairs two very large living rooms...kitchen...cloak room and toilet and built in cupboards in ever room. me and my mate went at it none stop working like T***s for 4and a bit day
we made £480.00 each still got too pay my tax and diesel bill for the week.
can't remember the price per m2 now but like i said in my last post most of the calls i get now are for £2.00m2 to 2.22m2
f**k that.

Be like it until people make a stand against it by not.doing items. After paying for a van, fuel, insurances and tools at them rates your better off in a PAYE job like at a supermarket. It's a Dick load easter as well.

on the news today it was saying houses prices are going up just because of the fact not enough new homes are been built I wonder why. Are the builders rigging the market.

In hampshire on site, 2.20 skim, 2.60 ceiling, 2.80 for reskims, 5.50 float and set. So tight as lee says new builds nothing but pointless cupboards

My current job for new builder i went in at £3.40 skim £3.20 dab £3.00 tack. Got me the job and my foot in the door, he has just offered me another ten plots. Sometimes to go in reasonable rate and show them what you casn do or go in to high and sit on your arse for weeks on end. We all have to realise now that the job has lost it mojo and we aint gonna get prices like we used to thats the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.