Had a good idea last week!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
You know a terraced house for instance and that wall facing you as you walk downstairs, well thats allways a b@stard to do because of access to it.

Well we got one of them pull up exercise bars that you screw into a door way, put it on the side walls about a foot away and lent the ladder against it, it worked a treat :)

I got a photo but cant get it off my phone cos Samsung phone thing is utter shlte but I'm sure you get what I mean.

works too i sometimes wedge a 3x2 between the walls same way... cut tight and knock it in before you skim em...
put a cut in the middle to get it out again...

sometimes you get winders at the top of the stairs and the ceilings dead high and the adjustables just arent tall enough unless you balance on one leg on the top rung... and anyway... you might have forgotten em.. ;D

So where do you fit the bar? From one wall to the spindle(I hope not!) or across to the other wall? Are those pull up bars long enough?

Chris W said:
sometimes you get winders at the top of the stairs and the ceilings dead high and the adjustables just arent tall enough unless you balance on one leg on the top rung... and anyway... you might have forgotten em.. ;D

i hate it when i dont have my adjustable ladder on the van but it doesnt matter, as i always carry a pull up bar! :D

easy enough to find a lump of treewood even if you forget your pull up bar too... just go and pull the customers fence apart... ;D

Chris W said:
easy enough to find a lump of treewood even if you forget your pull up bar too... just go and pull the customers fence apart... ;D
I like your style Chris, job creating, "oh I notice you're fence needs replacing, Ican do it cheap" ::)

i usually just screw boards across door frames to get correct hight but it make a mes when you pull the screws out with a crow bar... i have had a few come backs in the past

On site I find joiners don't understand our needs when we put screws into their nicely fitted door frames!! I once saw a wood butcher grab a lad round the throat for just such a thing!! ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.