1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Half Time Review From Vincey

Discussion in 'Plasterers News' started by Danny, May 18, 2017.

1. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

Never read the back of a bag of multi in my life! Fucks sake! lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

As longs it's a half decent finish and you get paid who gives a fk how it's done lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Formby plastering

Formby plastering Active Member

Is this a new GPS argument between youse too

4. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

No, it's a conversation, something gps is incapable of having.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Natwasere

Natwasere Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure the back of the bag never said knock up gear again when it's started setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. theshed

theshed Member

When multi first came out it said on the bag, trowel on 3mm in one pass and trowel back to 2mm.

7. Davy sned

Davy sned Active Member

It never said get it on finished to a nice paintable finish tools in van paid and onto the next one

8. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

It never said knock it up again but I'm sure it said apply second coat with same gear. Could be wrong though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Natwasere

It still says with same gear now, no mention of fresh gear what so ever. So 90% of us are all cowboys lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

In the end as long as the finish is good....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Natwasere

Agree, even 1 coated a large awkward ceiling today and it looked goooood. Don't normally but this situation suited just fine.

12. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

If your one coating then just accept it, I really don't give a monkeys it don't affect me. But just don't give all the (don't normally do it) but on this one occasion bullshit! Maybe it's just me but using the same gauge of gear to go over something twice is still one coating! I've got a good mate that does it quite a lot and i call him the one coat wonder, he accepts that! Sorry it's just how I feel about it and I find it still takes just as long to do so why not do it properly, especially if your working on domestics and getting paid to do it correct Xxx bye!! lol.

13. Natwasere

Lol you wally, you have no idea what I was doing, or what I usually do. No I do not one coat much, I did it because I was on stilts up high over pipes and other crap, no labourer to knock my gear up and I was not getting down in a hurry. 2 coating with same gear is not much different like you said and I don't usually do that either.......... but it does not say 2nd coat with fresh gear on any BG data? Chill out the ceiling is as good as anyone else's I guarantee it...... if it wasn't I'd have to do it again...... for free.

14. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

If someone can finish one coat to a very high standard does that make them a cowboy?

15. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

Hahahahaha! Wally u knob!!

16. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

:bananahappy::bananas::risas:

17. Natwasere

Wow what a retard

18. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

:fuckyou::LOL::D

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

the one coat 2 coat argument has been on this forum for 11 years :D

20. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I am a two coater person myself and very rarely use the same gear to second coat something...

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. zolco

zolco Private Member

Nothing wrong with one coat if you can get it right, I'm far from it tho

22. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

yup likewise