happy st pats day

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not irish... but some of my family are and janes family are irish... so I am happy to celebrate on their behalf....

right ive just got out of bed for the second time today...
theres 20 minutes till the offy shuts (again)
town is gonna be full of english tw@ts pretending to be oirish..
what do i do?
and be f'cking quick, ive got 15 minutes!!!!

maybe i should start celebrating st georges day and stop using st patricks day as an excuse to drink murphys? :RpS_sleep:

p.s.
im not kidding... ive had a day offfffffffffffffffff....

:RpS_laugh:

Happy pats day xxxxxx Picked up a lad today for the first time to give me a hand, he is my mates son, we were on the way to work and i said "what you doing tonight for paddys day are you goin out to get wrecked" he said "i F*****g hate the irish" LOL i said "ooooooooooooooooooooooooh youve got a hard day today son" LOL he didnt know were to put his face Hahaha but coz im a nice irish boy i didnt give him a hard time just took the piss all day.

What do you expect owls labour tried to destroy what is was to be english T***s. Yer happy St patricks day .

Here's an idea. All the irish celebrate paddys day. Then when it comes to st georges day (which is a saturday this tear so no excuse) all the english who celebrate paddys day for no reason actually go out and celebrate being english for the day. F*****g winds me up. I'll be in my new house by then and I'm going to throw a house warming st georges day party. Owls and warrior are invited as they seem to be the only ones who care.

Spunky you're not invited. At all. Ever.

I was reading the other day they are gonna get rid of the may bank holiday and give it to saint georges day which i think would be a great idea coz that would save people getting off their arses and sorting out a good day LOL only kidding but its not st patricks fault, why dont you blame st nicolas he gets a great day and it costs a F*****g fortune xxxx

What do the english have to celebrate about????

I hate plastic paddies but at least they get a days holiday for it.....

Beddy what do you want the english to do then stay in the house & don't go out on St patricks day just because it winds you up? :RpS_biggrin:
Plus how do you know they don't celebrate St Georges day??

Right. St George was palestinian. He wasn't even english.

The real St. George was actually born in Lydda, Palestine (now Lod in Israel) and he never actually came to the British Isles. Google it.

If the far right hadn't hijacked St. Georges day and the flag for their own racist ends then a lot more people would be comfortable with celebrating it.

It doesn't really matter where he's from twitch, dragons don't exist either. I ain't a christian or any other religion for that matter, but every [UK] nation has a national day named after a saint so the name sticks. That's the way it is. The 23rd of April is an opportunity to express your pride in your country if you're English - I am proud to be English every day mate, but am equally happy to call myself British.:RpS_thumbsup:

sure i getcha. Thing is the last time I was in town for st. georges there was a pub full of skinheads with st george flags chanting racist abuse. It didn't last long - this is Birmingham we're talking about. The EDL got chased outta here last time they came. Youth were decking them and mugging them.

Guess it's a shame our 'national day' has been hijacked by bigots.

thats like saying the irish won't use their own flag as it was hijacked by the IRA. what a load of b*ll***s. What I'm getting at is its a tradition for each country to celebrate their own patrons day. wether the patron be fictional or not. i just dont get why alot of enlgish seem more intent on celebrating paddys day and not st georges day. st georges day is what you make it, if you don't bother celebrating it then it will never become a day worth looking forward to.

I've said why i reckon english people aint keen on celebrating it. It's obvious.

If you want to reclaim it, go for it mate.

it is a shame thats its been hyjacked by the far right,
i dont think thers any thing wrong with being patriotic.you go to america and they have real pride in there country most houses have the stars and stripes flying above there houses, its what this country lacks in my opinion real pride, it aint a white thing either muticulturism makes what this country is.a great country people moan and groan saying its going to the dogs,but you could be a lot worse off.

oh and im there beddy :RpS_thumbup:

ill call off at warriors house on way down, but south yorkshire lads only drink shandy. :RpS_blink:

I had a few of these to celebrate
happy st pats day

smirnoff ices? are you expecting the arrival of d*m**o

only the female variety of mankind should sup those,its heart breaking to see fully grown men supping them

Status
Not open for further replies.