Hardwall- second coat, any need to PVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayson

First time on the forum. Really useful space
20mm odd worth of hardwall to be slapped onto a wall. Needs to be done in two hits, done the first hit sponged & keyed it this evening. Then left to eat & have a beer. Any need to PVA tomorow morning before I do a final second hit before then slapping on some multi?

hi grayson, it depends how much your first layer has dried,, but i would pva it, one coat and let it dry then 2nd coat and apply second layer of hardwall while 2nd coat of pva still tacky,, depending what you are like at setting you could even give it a coat of pva before you set the wall (will give you more time)

if you read the instructions on a bag of hardwall it will tell you NOT to use pva.
i would give the first coat a scratch with a scratcher, then apply the second coat

if its been left over night it will probably be dry,,i have used pva to control the suction on hardwall many times and not had any problems

if you read the instructions on a bag of hardwall it will tell you NOT to use pva.
i would give the first coat a scratch with a scratcher, then apply the second coat
And if your really frightened of suction give it a mist of water, but if I was you i'd slap it on and crack on:)

Used hardwall for the 1st time today and i like it alot.......................as malc mentioned just scrathed the 1st coat and banged the second on...................left it for the youngin to skim the morn....................hows its nice to skim when its not still green........................:RpS_unsure:

And we wonder why the pay is low, too many low IQs in the trade, not saying the op is, he is learning and good luck to him

And we wonder why the pay is low, too many low IQs in the trade, not saying the op is, he is learning and good luck to him

I wasnt on about the OP marra, It was for Spankster, when he said float & Set the clue is in the title so i put the title up..................:RpS_thumbup:. Got the youngin to skim that hardwall i floated yesterday and he had a nightmare today bless him..........sucked in like a mo fo apparently..................... :huh:

I wasnt on about the OP marra, It was for Spankster, when he said float & Set the clue is in the title so i put the title up..................:RpS_thumbup:. Got the youngin to skim that hardwall i floated yesterday and he had a nightmare today bless him..........sucked in like a mo fo apparently..................... :huh:
I wasn't on about what you were on about...

hardwall is best skimmed same day. usuall we float in the mornings set in the afternoon. on very high suction we would float and set twice a day.
we have floated small areas and set next day but we spray the floating first with a hose

i told him to hose it down and bang some weak PVA over it but he said it still sucked in canny fast.............defo float am and skim pm when i use it again

those comments from Artist and John made me laugh, reminded me of Derek and Clive from peter cook and dudley Moore :) again it will probably be the rum ??

same day always, unless poxy little bits that u dont want to hang around to wait to get hard enough to set

I skim next day when I can. It only needs a weak pva and takes a couple minutes to do. I'd rather spend all day floating then all day skimming. And anyone who disagrees. **** you x

Not the way you would do it then kev?
with hardwall I always float & set the same day, one tight coat of hardwall to combat suction second straight away to rule off and devil up, skim in afternoon, no need for PVA on any of it, my ffs was for the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.