Hardwall- second coat, any need to PVA

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I've never used Hardwall!, what's the big deal about it?, when/why might I need to use it? Thanks

First time on the forum. Really useful space
20mm odd worth of hardwall to be slapped onto a wall. Needs to be done in two hits, done the first hit sponged & keyed it this evening. Then left to eat & have a beer. Any need to PVA tomorow morning before I do a final second hit before then slapping on some multi?
Never use PVA on Hardwall- ulnless it's a very diluted coat like 1 part pva to 10 parts water. If I have to skim Hardwall next day or later I give it a good soak with water out of a bucket using a 9 inch *bragging* roller. And wet yer ceiling lines/internals with your wetbrush.:RpS_thumbup:

if you read the instructions on a bag of hardwall it will tell you NOT to use pva.
i would give the first coat a scratch with a scratcher, then apply the second coat

bang on... treat it like the scratch coat on dashing...

I've found that if you hit hardwall same day, great, but skim next day it sucks like hell, even with a coat of pva! But great stuff when you get to grips with it!

I find myself going out of the way to explain the smell the next morning to the customer so they don't think I've just walked into their house and Sharted all over the gaff

Status
Not open for further replies.