Hi Gents bit advice on a mono job wanted, Cheers in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire10

Hi guys hopefully you can give me a bit of advice.
Been on the forum for a while now and have got some great advice aswell as some good laughs reading some conversations.
I have a monocouche job coming up and would be grateful of some opinions.
Been spraying Weber Pral M with our Utiform Quattro for around a year now with great results. The job in question (pics attached) is to render a bungalow to dpc that is currently Pebbledash with stone effect quoins etc.
The quoins are quite proud so have been ground down to pebbledash level right the way around.
I want to know if you would mesh the entire property or just where stonework meets pebbledash and around doors and windows.
Any opinions greatly received.

Attachments

• Hi Gents bit advice on a mono job wanted, Cheers in advance.
    P1010604.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 278
    P1010602.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 267
    P1010606.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 234
    P1010603.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 252
Heres a few pics of a recent job fortunately didnt have to deal with any quoins etc nice and straight forward.
Never stop learning with this gear aiming mainly at refurb rather than new build and always open to advice from here.
Cheers again fellas

Attachments

IMG_4625new.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 262
    DSC00148.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 261
    12.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 293
    27.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 279
    P1010303.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 266
If the existing is sound and farly clean then perhaps treat with an algicide, leave for 24 hrs and pressure wash off. Apply renaid fully meshed and beaded up. Leave for a min 3 days to cure. Apply mono with the usual stress paches to Weber spec. Better still give Weber a miss altogether!

I was just gonna say the same mate. :RpS_thumbup:
Yeah i read on here about mesh & stress patches so best use them to be on the safe side mate: :RpS_thumbup:
I don't do mono by the way but have read a lot about it.

Unfortunately the customer has specified Weber otherwise I may go of down the granciem route. Rigsby would you really go down the rendaid complete building or would you rendaid the cut back quoins. The pebbledash is a great key have never had problems before but open to opinions.
Asked Weber and they said that they would not recommend bedding mesh in rendaid anymore only in mono. I was thinking of rendaiding cut back stone work then meshing over stonework and around doors windows etc even though it had been soild for 30 years to keep inline with spec.
I was going to put a first pass on then bed mesh and spray second pass to finish.
Let me know what you all think.
And Rigsby Im definately with you on the Weber issues they do seem to change rules to suit.
Cheers guys

Heres a few pics of a recent job fortunately didnt have to deal with any quoins etc nice and straight forward.
Never stop learning with this gear aiming mainly at refurb rather than new build and always open to advice from here.
Cheers again fellas

Some canny graft there marra. liked the arrow on the last picture. always good to give direction...............:RpS_thumbup:

Been on the forum for a while now and have got some great advice aswell as some good laughs reading some conversations.
Been spraying Weber Pral M with our Utiform Quattro for around a year now with great results. The job in question (pics attached) is to render a bungalow to dpc that is currently Pebbledash with stone effect quoins etc.
The quoins are quite proud so have been ground down to pebbledash level right the way around.
I want to know if you would mesh the entire property or just where stonework meets pebbledash and around doors and windows.
For peace of mind rendaid and mesh the lot

Cheers again fellas

Nice work mate I particularly liked the wood effect Wallcrete in the last picture.

I was just gonna say the same mate. :RpS_thumbup:
Yeah i read on here about mesh & stress patches so best use them to be on the safe side mate: :RpS_thumbup:
I don't do mono by the way but have read a lot about it.

My general rule is that if a question is asked and I don't know the answer from my own personal experience then I keep stum, I think this is quite wise don't you?

why are you even pondering over it? mesh is about a quid a sq metre, so why take the chance. and its a tiny job so it not going to break the bank.

Cheers Owls and the rest of you, just wanted to get some advice always the best bet.
Love the comment on the arrow and wood effect wallcrete nearly pissed myself.
Anymore opinions always greatly received.
Cheers lads

Status
Not open for further replies.