How big is yours?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob121

Right lads, dont get embarrassed.
Just wondering what size trowels you use?
When I was at college we was taught to use 13inch for everything. So thats what I used for most of my jobs. About 2 months ago was going a lime and hair job where it was all in between beams, most of them being 11 inchs or less, so anyways long story I brought an 11 inch and got on well with it. The plasterer who was helping out said he uses an 11 inch for everything and anything bigger is no good. Just wondering what you lot use as your main trowel?

makes sense mate, ive got an 11" get out the turd ragni trowel and it's lovely ......apparently 11" trowels were the done thing 20 years ago nowadays 13" is the norm .......just depends what youre comfy and learn with my old lab started on a 14" that i gave him and it's all he's used to other lads use 16" .....
i use a really flat 14" to lay on and a 13" golden permashape to trowel up

I agree with you both, I use a 13" Permashape and have an 11" get-me-out-of-the-shite, flat Marshalltown.

I call owt over 13" "supersize wrist wreckers", I for one would not be able to trowel up with one, bit wimpy I know, but prefer to be pain free, and be able to wipe mi own arse when am old. ;-)

14 inch worn-in trowel to lay on (non-permashape) 18 inch to flattern (non-permashaped), 13 inch permashaped to trowel up. 11 inch when it goes tits up and a midget trowel

do you get on with the 14" lay on and permashape trowel up trowel?.....jesus tongue twister ;D

14inc to lay it on and 11to get the finish, but im thinking aout gettin a plastic trowl to finish get a instant shine saw a spread using one there bloody great

tend to use 14" if working with cement at all - 11" for most everything otherwise

Cheers for all the replies, seems 11 inch is a good trowel to have, although the Marshalltown one I brought for the lime and hair went rusty over night, the first time i used it, couldnt believe it, didnt even know they made trowels that werent stainless. So going to have to get a new one now.

GAZ said:
14inc to lay it on and 11to get the finish, but im thinking aout gettin a plastic trowl to finish get a instant shine saw a spread using one there bloody great

plastic trowels are the bolocks make one out of a fire exit sign get a big one on a brush handle for your ceilngs ;D

14" tyzack at the mo binned the marshalltown, went in bandq and theyve made the handle slightly banana shaped and theres a lovely curve to the blade ........feels light .....im converted

youll use whatevers in your hand nicksy, admiit it.. if it earns you money, it'll do.. ;D

true!........never thought i'd like one a month ago but they seem to have tweeked them .....if you can find one, i grabbed the first one i saw, with a good shape go for it .....dont use it to trowel up but its lovely .........who cares aslong as it works anyway ;D

thats it mate it works. it'll do..
im a ragni fan or didnt u know?
ive got a bout a 13 tyzak stainless, handles red and round though...
works, but its the 'other bloke tool' when it ever gets used..
best trowel i ever used was someone elses, stainless, years old with a wooden handle.. havent got a clue wot it was...
losin a trowel or gaining a new one and breaking it in (its actually breaking YOU in) can be like losing your missus, but the end of the day, you could pick up any old peice of crap and get a decent finish, right?

a decent trowels priceless ;)......ive got an 11 inch ragni as im sure you know ;) (fook me what will the other lads think are we doggers ;D).....and its a beut .....nice and flexible ..its true though im not pushing one or the other whatever youre happy with use.............but if you want a new trowel and i wasnt flooky finding a tyzack with a good shape have a look

allright ill have a look, last time the tyzack from b+q for 20 quid, round handle.. but ill have a look..

the one i got was the preworn 14" the trowel slides into the slide of the sleeve about 35 quid ........check the blade shape mate!!......dont know if i just got liucky

The pre worn tyzack i had went wrong after a couple months, shame cause it was just getting there , i think the the premier range (dark wood handle) is the better trowel although not pre worn i have two that are in good shape after a couple of years.

i know what you mean mate but ive only ever seen one for sale ever in this part of the country ......is it the one with the mahogany? handle

well mahogany coloured at least ;D i got mine from spear & jackson direct ,told them the type i wanted and that i was the best spread in the world,and soon sent them to me .... well after a couple of weeks anyway, bloody northerners got to love em :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.