How can I fit this celotex

Squawk

I'm half way through installing celotex in the eves, and I've hit a problem. I don't see how I can get access to fit the last couple of pieces.

The image at the bottom should show the problem, but in short:

I'm installing the celotex behind the wall that will form the boundary of the room. There is no access to the space behind (or won't be, once I fit the celotex). I need to pull the celotex onto the wooden frame from the inside of the room. However, it's a tight fit. Two pieces just fit on top of each other when laid horizontally, but they require a decent bit of force to jam them home (the angled timber at the top has required shaving off a corner).

I have no idea how I can pull the celotex from this side without ripping/breaking it.

Ideas?

The only alternative I've thought of is to cut the celotex and jam it in between the vertical pieces of wood (sorry, dunno name, vertical joists?), but that's not my preferred option as I can't then get it down behind the bricks (right of the picture here).

How can I fit this celotex

Thanks for the reply beader.

I'm not sure I follow though, as that still prevents me from pushing the boards up close to the wood. I can't get to the other side of them to push them up tight. Well, I could, but then I'd be somewhat trapped.

Ok try this . Make two small holes in either end of your last piece now tie some string around the center of a large screw or nail. thread the string through the holes so the screws or nails are at the back of the celotex . position the last piece in position and pull the string towards you . when it is home just cut the sting.

When I was working for a loft conversion company we used to do 100mm between joists with 25/50mm (depending on the regs in the area) over the top.

Yep fit between joists every time ,
You would , need to fit between between anyway as it showing short of meeting the roof rafters in pic
Hth

Jet, I'm going to be doing exactly that, another layer of celotex inbetween the joists. Does it matter if that second layer touches the first or has a slight gap? I have no idea how to get a complete seal other than shoving "normal" insulation into the gap - I don't have enough access to get celotex everywhere it needs to go.

Can you cut the celotex into vertical slices that you can fit through the gaps, then slide them along behind the joists until the last piece is just pushing into a gap that you can easily get to.

I'm pretty sure that when the pros butt celotex edges agist each other, they make it a tight fit, and then run aluminium foil tape down the join.

Personally I've previously filled any gaps in celotex by stuffing any slices or scraps of offcuts in any gaps. Unfortunately I didn't learn about the Ali tape until I'd already boarded over it all :-(