How do you all quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is funny flynny, but I know a tiler who actually takes a portfolio of his work round to quote. I assume you were taking the Michael?

My mates a kitchen & bathroom fitter & he takes an iPad with his portfolio on for customers to look at while he's measuring up etc. he's always busy :RpS_biggrin:

I just talk the talk and get about 70% of everything I price :RpS_biggrin:.............think on though, if you get EVERY job you price for you're either too cheap or a fkin genius :RpS_thumbup:

FFS, you show them a portfolio of past jobs with you "quals" in?

Then you show them a DVD enhanced by music......??

I just don't know what to say really, actually I do but can't be bothered.

Ive also brought round previous customers who are in the pics to prove they are my pics, you wouldnt believe that some plasterers turn up with someone elses pics.

My mates a kitchen & bathroom fitter & he takes an iPad with his portfolio on for customers to look at while he's measuring up etc. he's always busy :RpS_biggrin:

Kitchens and bathrooms is a bit different. In fact it's a good idea for them lads. But for plastering I don't think so. As I don't advertise it's easy for me to criticise, but when I see plasterers websites with pics on I always think that anyone's plastering would look good on a picture. Maybe I'll upset a few with this comment and if it works for you then nice one but I'll never do it.

Usually within a couple of minutes of pricing a private I can tell price regardless if it's a possibility of getting the job or not. For me if you can find conversation with anyone that's half the battle

I also bring a DVD its about 1hour long ,so lucky i have my own popcorn making machine which always goes down well :RpS_biggrin:

Kitchens and bathrooms is a bit different. In fact it's a good idea for them lads. But for plastering I don't think so. As I don't advertise it's easy for me to criticise, but when I see plasterers websites with pics on I always think that anyone's plastering would look good on a picture. Maybe I'll upset a few with this comment and if it works for you then nice one but I'll never do it.

Know what you mean mate you cant see if its rough or smooth.
But after some research (lol)
I found that customers like to see pictures of a plastered wall on a plasterers website not a painted wall as most have. :RpS_thumbup:
That's just feedback I have had anyway.

I also bring a DVD its about 1hour long ,so lucky i have my own popcorn making machine which always goes down well :RpS_biggrin:

Hey keith im not bullshitting but i have in the past brought round a few cakes a customer had baked me that day on a different job, they went down a treat.

I sometimes bring my quals and pictures from previous jobs and sit down with a brew having a chat how we are gonna go forward, i dont do that as much coz ive got it all on disc with music in the background so bang it in the dvd player, happy days always wins them over.
Has anybody ever phoned your old school to clarify that you really did pass your cycling proficiency test and come 3rd in the sack race?

Know what you mean mate you cant see if its rough or smooth.
But after some research (lol)
I found that customers like to see pictures of a plastered wall on a plasterers website not a painted wall as most have. :RpS_thumbup:
That's just feedback I have had anyway.
Yeah it's prob just me I'm old fashioned and should open myself to different ideas. That's why I'm on this site.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with everything Flynny has said. I always take my portfolio with me and offer it to the prospective client while I'm measuring up. Very, very few just have just a quick scan with most still looking through 15 minutes later. Even on say a straight forward skim job they'll often comment on the render pics and I think it gives them confidence that if I can turn out other work that to them looks far harder/skillfull I'll do a top job of their simple skim job.
I love Flynnys DVD idea and when my son gets back from his hols he'll be tasked with putting one together. I never give a price there and then, always an email, but then I hardly ever do little private jobs any more.

When i go to a potential job I take a sheet of 6 x 3 plasterboard with me finished to perfection. Show them that and It works every time.

Has anybody ever phoned your old school to clarify that you really did pass your cycling proficiency test and come 3rd in the sack race?

I don't want to brag but I came first in the sack race. I sacked six labs within a two month spell a few years ago.

They dont need to i have the certs to prove it and if im sat there with my speedos on with the bronze, silver and gold badges sewn on whos gonna question that?

I don,t advertise ,so my work always comes from recommendation ,or drive past when we are doing outsides ,but i also take along pictures of mono jobs we have done and give addresses of jobs completed in there area by us

I bet some of you offer to stay over for the night to prove you are punctual and get up early so you won't let them down when coming to do their work!!!!

They dont need to i have the certs to prove it and if im sat there with my speedos on with the bronze, silver and gold badges sewn on whos gonna question that?
So your busy mate ,or do you find they call the police alot :RpS_lol:

When i go to a potential job I take a sheet of 6 x 3 plasterboard with me finished to perfection. Show them that and It works every time.

That's quality, but probably more genuine than some of the typical salesman tactics I've read on this thread. :RpS_lol:

to quote for a small job i write all details in my book give the customer the price written on the back of my business card, book the work in there and then. to quote for large works i send a typed quote. for my wealthy clients i just say what are you worrying about i send you a bill at the end of the commission. always a commission never a job!

You just need to add a 12 point inspection guarentee with a warranted foreskin portfolio to make it a unmissable deal.

what i do is skim their dining room walls and ceiling then skim their back bedroom ceiling all for nothing and I then paint it all up for them, if they are happy with the work i get the job i went to price up!! bathroom ceiling £100 bobby dazzler, never fails!!!

I look at the job then work out how many days it will take me then times this by my dayrate then that's my price.
I do my viewings on a weekend so i'm in clean clothes not covered from head to toe in plaster LOL :RpS_thumbsup:
A few times i have given a price over the phone to save me a journey but ended up been there longer than i thought :RpS_thumbdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.