how to make multi finish go off faster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafiki

hello ive got a small bit of skimming to do tomorrow on a bit of board 30cm wide by about a meter long, what can i do to make it go off faster as i dont wanna be sat waiting for it all morning.

Aye, used warm water the other day with some dot to stick some beads on - my mate used the hot tap instead of the cold (taps were on the wrong way round).
Mate told me he mixed some skim with warm water to do some reveals once and it set like bu99ery.

Dirty waters the quickest way.
Just keep some in bottles in the back of the van like Irish_spread does :RpS_thumbup:

I used hot water once on a small job it didn't seem to make any difference at all,
it was winter time in a freezing cold empty house though :RpS_unsure:

Or get some out of date stuff from the merchents, had some that was nearly two months out they were still flogging as new, that stuff set - so did the out of date browning, great for patches. Had some multi set in the bucket while I was washing the paddle - near enough solid when I got to it (customer asked me to use it, was for patches and well out of date).

iv never found hot water works. if no dirty water, just mix it for about 5 mins with the whisk and it goes nicely

Cement doesn't work either IMO. Dirty water is the best way, just keep a tub of real sh1tty stuff in the van. Bonding water works the best.

Cement is a bit iffy as it can cause the plaster to sheet. Dirty water is best IMO. The chemical reaction between the water and plaster is simply speeded up, because you are adding something where the process is underway, it acts as a catalyst.

Cement is a bit iffy as it can cause the plaster to sheet. Dirty water is best IMO. The chemical reaction between the water and plaster is simply speeded up, because you are adding something where the process is underway, it acts as a catalyst.
Exothermic reaction i think .:RpS_unsure:

Yeah, exothermic (as opposed to endothermic) something to do with the laws of thermodynamics . Scrape the ligger into an empty bag when you've finished and warm yer hands on it when it's gone hard. :RpS_thumbup:

Hot water or cement never made any difference for me,I use dirty water and if u ain't got any throw a couple of handfuls of plaster into a small amount water well in advance of doing the job and add to your mix.

How do explain a fridge then ?
Gas gets turned into a liquid = heat, which is expelled by the radiator ducting on the back --- liquid then evaporates back into a gas which draws heat from within the fridge. (Use a bike pump and it gets hot - use a calor has bottle and ice forms on it. Simples :))

dirty water from washing out bucket + a bit of lime helps.
cement is ok in small doses but can make it come off in a sheet
if you use to much.

Gas gets turned into a liquid = heat, which is expelled by the radiator ducting on the back --- liquid then evaporates back into a gas which draws heat from within the fridge. (Use a bike pump and it gets hot - use a calor has bottle and ice forms on it. Simples :))

The proffesor has spoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.