K Rend experience ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd ask whether or not anyone in a 20-30 mile radius of Bournemouth would be rendering using K Rend or similar in the near future

I'm fed up waiting for a S&C render to firm up enough to rub up and was going to ask if anyone would mind me helping out (or just watching ) on a K Rend wall ??

Not after any cash, just experience and I'll bring the tea and biccies

Thanks in anticipation,
Phil

Ive mentioned this before if your doing flat render, why not use OCR or UF base all you need is clean water , get it on for 11 it will be float finished for 2/3 oclock no probs,its factory batched all the same colour give it a try mate

pftmonojetman said:
Ive mentioned this before if your doing flat render, why not use OCR or UF base all you need is clean water , get it on for 11 it will be float finished for 2/3 oclock no probs,its factory batched all the same colour give it a try mate

can they be used as a finish coat i thought they were just used as backing coats

what is uf base? ive used hp and hpx also how do ocr work is it prebagged and if you hand apply it is it still two passes without a scratch coat?

UF base is Krend's answer to weber ocr. Ocr is prebagged with all the additives already in it, as you say 2 passes depending on thickness of beading used, Napper mate it rubs up nice and flat with a wooden float no problem, I mention it because some lads dont get to do much external render, so remembering all your waterproofer ratios and sand to cement ratios etc, pre bagged is as easy as, Even when we put it on manually we just use a drum and whisk, cant remember last time i used a cement mixer

sounds lovely what would you do say on a gable do you go all the way through and key it then back up to the top and start again or lay the second on while its still tacky like krend?......how much is it per bag too mate

Just thought it might be easier seeing done by someone who uses it regularly before 'having a go' at a paying customers house

How much is it, where do I get it from and how much will a bag cover ??

Just use it like scrape render, 2 passes while the base is still tacky so to speak, if its smooth concrete block and what have you, rend aid it first then go over it with ocr. Not sure about price we get it in bulk and we get alot of plaster too so its pretty cheap for us. For a couple of bags expect about £8 or so, It also comes in different grades one is lime free for tiling onto, 1,2,3 different strengths for different exposures

HI GUYS WHILST ON TOPIC OF K REND I HAVE JUST COMPLETED A LARGE RENDER JOB WITH IT USING THE UF BASE AS A SCRATCH COAT AND THE CHAMPAGNE COLOUR TOP COAT. THE STUFF WAS EASY ENOUGH TO GET ON AND RUBBED UP NICE BUT NOW ITS DRYING THERE IS A LOT OF LIGHTER BLOTCHES WHICH WERE NOT THERE WHEN RUBBED UP THIS GIVES A PATCHY APEARANCE WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IS THIS JUST DRYING OUT OR IS IT A FAULT WITH EITHER APLLICATION OR PRODUCT ITSELF?

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE USED K REND AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE FINISH IT GAVE INITAIALLY BUT WOULD VALUE OTHER OPINIONS

THANKS

did you use a "i section" before scraping ? what was the weather like during application

The blotches are where you've missed mate, if you get a broom head and brush the dust off when you scrape back you will see them, unless the sun is beaming right on it been caught out with this myself

if you look up the wall when scraped back you will see silver patches this is where you have missed and not broken the surface if you have to do it again buy some equalizing paint instead of re render

DJ said:
HI GUYS WHILST ON TOPIC OF K REND I HAVE JUST COMPLETED A LARGE RENDER JOB WITH IT USING THE UF BASE AS A SCRATCH COAT AND THE CHAMPAGNE COLOUR TOP COAT. THE STUFF WAS EASY ENOUGH TO GET ON AND RUBBED UP NICE BUT NOW ITS DRYING THERE IS A LOT OF LIGHTER BLOTCHES WHICH WERE NOT THERE WHEN RUBBED UP THIS GIVES A PATCHY APEARANCE WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IS THIS JUST DRYING OUT OR IS IT A FAULT WITH EITHER APLLICATION OR PRODUCT ITSELF?

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE USED K REND AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE FINISH IT GAVE INITAIALLY BUT WOULD VALUE OTHER OPINIONS

THANKS
Could be lime blooms mate, did u get it on in 1 or 2 passes

Status
Not open for further replies.