Looking for Plasterer Thurs/Friday - Chingford

Members online

Bradley123

Hi All,

I'm looking for another plasterer to help me out on a job this Thursday/ Friday in Chingford, Essex.

I'm a plasterer with over 15 years experience and a growing business. So i'm looking for additional help which could lead to ongoing ad hoc work.

Please respond if you are :-

- Free on the days this week
- Have own tools
- Have means of transport to get to and from the job
- Are reliable & work to a very high standard.

Many thanks in advance!

Bradley

I think he means he uses stilts
image.jpeg

oh i'm sorry, i meant to put work to a very poor standard,how silly of me .thanks very much
for your constructive criticism,and it seems we have a plasterer moon lighting as a comedian
very funny stilts i get it ha ha

oh i'm sorry, i meant to put work to a very poor standard,how silly of me .thanks very much
for your constructive criticism,and it seems we have a plasterer moon lighting as a comedian
very funny stilts i get it ha ha
Wasn't a go at u. Just saying by putting in high standard don't make a difference. The s**t lads will still call tbh.

apologies i take your point,its a worry and gamble using people you haven't used before
nightmare when your busy and can't get no one to help you to get work off your back
cheers

apologies i take your point,its a worry and gamble using people you haven't used before
nightmare when your busy and can't get no one to help you to get work off your back
cheers
I know all about it. I went last week to give a mate of a mate a hand to float out a house. Well f**k me this bloke thought he was the man. He had a man at the mixer that never mixed b4. I walk in to the house everything in the way. He had no rules no wheelbarrows. I had to go back out to the van to take out all my tools. I have one of my men with me he just give me the look to say your going to go mad if we stay here. We went back in to the house. The mix come in its not to bad tbh. So I start thinking this might be ok. We get a few walls on and the mixes start going down hill. So I go out to the mixer and show the bloke how to mix it he says to me is that all the cement you are putting in I say yes that's 5-1 some time i do 6-1 depends on the sand i tell him. He says f**k my boss has me putting in double what you are putting in. I walk back in to the house to ask him why he is mixing cement at 2half to 1 or -3-1 as I walked in there he is using a 2by1 for a straight edge I just told my man to get the tools in to the van. We are driving down the road my mate says to me look what I text the lads. The text was we will be on the way back in 10 minutes. Then my man says to me the beads where put on with skim we just started laughing. But the funniest thing is that bloke thinks he is the man lol

2x1 ain't that when you ain't got a straight edge the size you need in a small corner to get you out of trouble only? I'm starting to go off plastering again turn up to jobs said its all ready to go walk in on the morning and I find the whole kitchen plus materials of other trades in the room then get told your still get this done today won't you,when you laugh at them they say "your a defeatist" the problem is getting worse and the more crap I seem to be dealing with lately back to the everyone knows or is a plasterer it seems

Hi All,

I'm looking for another plasterer to help me out on a job this Thursday/ Friday in Chingford, Essex.

I'm a plasterer with over 15 years experience and a growing business. So i'm looking for additional help which could lead to ongoing ad hoc work.

Please respond if you are :-

- Free on the days this week
- Have own tools
- Have means of transport to get to and from the job
- Are reliable & work to a very high standard.

Many thanks in advance!

Bradley

Not sure about what days I can do but I'm 10 mins from Chingford and working Chigwell for next couple of days so could pop in and give you a price if you want. Eddie 07956 359413. I only work 9 till 3 though, no breaks . Tea 2 sugars or Stella, from a Stella glass

The job is full of clowns like that. I had similar last week. f**k*d him off after 2 hours. Another one that thought he was the dogs b*ll***s. Could only skim and his skimming was s**t but demanded more money than I was charging on the job day rate. Clown!

2x1 ain't that when you ain't got a straight edge the size you need in a small corner to get you out of trouble only? I'm starting to go off plastering again turn up to jobs said its all ready to go walk in on the morning and I find the whole kitchen plus materials of other trades in the room then get told your still get this done today won't you,when you laugh at them they say "your a defeatist" the problem is getting worse and the more crap I seem to be dealing with lately back to the everyone knows or is a plasterer it seems
I know exactly what you mean. People call you negative but your putting up with the same s**t every day it grinds you down.

Full time job up here for ya in the midlands if you decide to emigrate out of London
:birra:

I know exactly what you mean. People call you negative but your putting up with the same s**t every day it grinds you down.
On a bad run at the minute although on a school for next few weeks so should be a bit of a blessing big walls and left alone normally, I even got told I was to expensive and that I was short changing him because it was taking longer working round the stuff so we agreed I shall put my tools in the van and fu ck off can't be dealing with these people at the min had a few weeks of it and in the spiral of why didn't I listen at school lol but won't let them beat me

Full time job up here for ya in the midlands if you decide to emigrate out of London
:birra:
If I could get the Mrs to move I would go tomo mate thing with London is there is probably triple the amount of clowns and fools you have to deal with than what you would have to deal with its nationwide but the ones in London are a special breed

some proper idiots about pagey had the junior site manager tell me that the drips of my bucket when taking out of the water butt would go through a ply floor down through the concrete floor through the insulation and through two sheets of 15mm soundboard into the show flat try and guess my reply

Work to a high standard I all ways wonder why people put that in. I've worked with lads last week who think they work to a high standard f**k me i walked away from the job.

I always wonder why they put own tools, a plasterer with no trowel lol

On a bad run at the minute although on a school for next few weeks so should be a bit of a blessing big walls and left alone normally, I even got told I was to expensive and that I was short changing him because it was taking longer working round the stuff so we agreed I shall put my tools in the van and fu ck off can't be dealing with these people at the min had a few weeks of it and in the spiral of why didn't I listen at school lol but won't let them beat me

Don't know what to say Pagey, I am a bit confused. Are you getting site work with the school? I am doing a school at the moment and is ok tbh. What's too expensive? One of the earlier posts where you mentioned the prices made me thinking . I know London and prices are very variable , but still. I prefer much more site work than anything else. Price is not bad,the big walls are easy to beat and I don't waste any time with customers etc.

I know a fella in his early 20's whos been learning to dryline for the last 6 monthes.
Picked up how to cut and screw a board to a wall and is now flat out with 2 lads working for him.......called me this morning "can i come and dab + skim 4 town houses for him " !!

"I cant im busy mate"....i cant believe hes snowed under and cant do fuuck all !!!!

Don't know what to say Pagey, I am a bit confused. Are you getting site work with the school? I am doing a school at the moment and is ok tbh. What's too expensive? One of the earlier posts where you mentioned the prices made me thinking . I know London and prices are very variable , but still. I prefer much more site work than anything else. Price is not bad,the big walls are easy to beat and I don't waste any time with customers etc.
On the domestic side a bloke said I was to expensive because I was taking twice as long as he had filled the rooms up with a whole new kitchen and all the other trades work stuff was in there was a basement conversion so little space but had to work with what was there obviously it takes longer when you can't get at every Wall and have a good run at it, and as for the school work I'm on a school contractor list so as they do rooms they get the trades in that have been vetted and I do maybe a classroom every other half term or 6 week holiday the big walls are what I need at the minute cos last few builders I've done work for expect the earth with the most challenges in the way

some proper idiots about pagey had the junior site manager tell me that the drips of my bucket when taking out of the water butt would go through a ply floor down through the concrete floor through the insulation and through two sheets of 15mm soundboard into the show flat try and guess my reply
That's has made me laugh it's just the run we all get I suppose just on a bad run at the minute been told it's an hour a wall to skim I would well be retired by now if that was the case

That's has made me laugh it's just the run we all get I suppose just on a bad run at the minute been told it's an hour a wall to skim I would well be retired by now if that was the case
He also said so its taking you 2.5 days to do a unit this eas the 4 day and we were already in the 3 rd unit

He also said so its taking you 2.5 days to do a unit this eas the 4 day and we were already in the 3 rd unit
How do these people get these jobs? Gonna have a new approach tomo and think positive cos it's like I've let them win its either that or the best one is hand them your hawk and trowel and say if it can be done quicker show me they soon fu ck off

On the domestic side a bloke said I was to expensive because I was taking twice as long as he had filled the rooms up with a whole new kitchen and all the other trades work stuff was in there was a basement conversion so little space but had to work with what was there obviously it takes longer when you can't get at every Wall and have a good run at it, and as for the school work I'm on a school contractor list so as they do rooms they get the trades in that have been vetted and I do maybe a classroom every other half term or 6 week holiday the big walls are what I need at the minute cos last few builders I've done work for expect the earth with the most challenges in the way

I know what you mean. If you a break from domestic now and again , can bring you back in the days when you started;). If you know what I mean.

I know a fella in his early 20's whos been learning to dryline for the last 6 monthes.
Picked up how to cut and screw a board to a wall and is now flat out with 2 lads working for him.......called me this morning "can i come and dab + skim 4 town houses for him " !!

"I cant im busy mate"....i cant believe hes snowed under and cant do fuuck all !!!!
Unbelievable!

Gra
How do these people get these jobs? Gonna have a new approach tomo and think positive cos it's like I've let them win its either that or the best one is hand them your hawk and trowel and say if it can be done quicker show me they soon fu ck off
Dunno mate graduates i suppose all morons

I know what you mean. If you a break from domestic now and again , can bring you back in the days when you started;). If you know what I mean.
Your right mate and although they probably ain't it's almost as I feel standards slip a bit so nice big positive outlook tomo and all will be well you can bank on it some sparky or plumber gonna ruin the good vibe

Gra
Dunno mate graduates i suppose all morons