Machine Flow Tube

Rossi46

Private Member
I bought an Eze mix from P1 last year, handy bit of kit to be fair and I like the simplicity of it.
Knocked the flow tube getting it in the van and split the end. Called P1 and very helpful as usual but I’ve got to be honest I think they’re having my pants down!
£150 for a plastic flow tube!!!
I checked their website to find two metal end tubes for £100+ and 1 all plastic for £30. I’ve messaged them and they said the flow tube isn’t listed in their website.
Is it just me or is something amiss here?!?! Not happy!
IMG_9227.png

This is comical! I trusted them at P1, gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered it, it arrived today and I’ve looked at it and found the same one on Amazon for £10!! Somebody is taking the piss! They’ve lost a customer in me. Be wary!!
Probably cost the quid to make, they have completely got you by the balls,
Washing machine got more tech and engineering even f****** Bluetooth compared to a render machine

This is comical! I trusted them at P1, gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered it, it arrived today and I’ve looked at it and found the same one on Amazon for £10!! Somebody is taking the piss! They’ve lost a customer in me. Be wary!!
Thieving bastards!

I’ve always said it hand apply is faster
Get yourself on one of my jobs I’ll get your speed up on the trowel
How the hell are you Pete?! Was only thinking about you today, when I saw in the news Ilkeston Road where that incident happened.

Sorry for the late reply - I have been away in Jersey on business.
@Rossi46 - I believe James has spoken to you and this has been dealt with? Obviously, I am disappointed to hear you're unhappy and feel hard done by here, but as always, I'm sure something can be sorted and resolved. We are here to help.

Firstly, by all means, send it back for a full refund and buy the one on Amazon you've found and see if it works. We are in no way forcing you to purchase the product.

A couple of points:

I can guarantee that the readings and flow rates will differ, and I will be amazed if it even fits, also the quality will differ. Flow tubes aren't a wearing part and can stay on a machine for many years - if the quality is right. They arent a wearing part!
I can not vouch for the smaller ones.

Key differences for you to note:
- The version you have sent us has a flow rate of 250l, whereas ours is 600 for the EZE Mix.
- Your version is 200mm long, whereas the one for the EZE Mix is 265mm long.
- Ours is supplied directly by the Machine manufacturer and therefore recognized and approved by them,
should there be a fault, it is covered under warranty.

It is correct, this product isn't listed on our website. This is due to the popularity of the item, I can't remember the last time we needed to replace one on these machines.

We purchase these from machine manufacturers, as they are the recommended and approved parts for their machines.
If you do a quick Google search and view all Machines dealer's websites, you'll notice most of the prices are very similar - we all buy these from machine manufacturers.
There is no ripping off happening, we base our prices fairly on our purchase costs and required margins to keep our businesses running.

There is no need to advise people to be wary of purchasing from us either - quite a big statement. As you say, you've been happy with the service so unsure why we would lose a customer...

An important thing for you to note, as I do not want your material consistency/composition to be affected; We also ran a test mixing Monocouche today, to almost an unworkable dryness of consistency, the water was around 360.

Please feel free to call me on 07891 460532 should you wish to discuss any further

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply - I have been away in Jersey on business.
@Rossi46 - I believe James has spoken to you and this has been dealt with? Obviously, I am disappointed to hear you're unhappy and feel hard done by here, but as always, I'm sure something can be sorted and resolved. We are here to help.

Firstly, by all means, send it back for a full refund and buy the one on Amazon you've found and see if it works. We are in no way forcing you to purchase the product.

A couple of points:

I can guarantee that the readings and flow rates will differ, and I will be amazed if it even fits, also the quality will differ. Flow tubes aren't a wearing part and can stay on a machine for many years - if the quality is right. They arent a wearing part!
I can not vouch for the smaller ones.

Key differences for you to note:
- The version you have sent us has a flow rate of 250l, whereas ours is 600 for the EZE Mix.
- Your version is 200mm long, whereas the one for the EZE Mix is 265mm long.
- Ours is supplied directly by the Machine manufacturer and therefore recognized and approved by them,
should there be a fault, it is covered under warranty.

It is correct, this product isn't listed on our website. This is due to the popularity of the item, I can't remember the last time we needed to replace one on these machines.

We purchase these from machine manufacturers, as they are the recommended and approved parts for their machines.
If you do a quick Google search and view all Machines dealer's websites, you'll notice most of the prices are very similar - we all buy these from machine manufacturers.
There is no ripping off happening, we base our prices fairly on our purchase costs and required margins to keep our businesses running.

There is no need to advise people to be wary of purchasing from us either - quite a big statement. As you say, you've been happy with the service so unsure why we would lose a customer...

An important thing for you to note, as I do not want your material consistency/composition to be affected; We also ran a test mixing Monocouche today, to almost an unworkable dryness of consistency, the water was around 360.

Please feel free to call me on 07891 460532 should you wish to discuss any further
I’ll have the Amazon one tomorrow so I will find out and get a good idea of the quality of both side by side. Yes it is shorter but very easily fitted.
I’m still baffled how a plastic one can be as dear as the much better quality metal ended M-Tec ones listed on your website. Something is definitely not right there.
I could get a plastic PFT one for £80 and PFT can’t ever be described as cheap. I’ve paid nearly double that!
I very rarely complain as a consumer but in this instance it feels very justified.

I’ll have the Amazon one tomorrow so I will find out and get a good idea of the quality of both side by side. Yes it is shorter but very easily fitted.
I’m still baffled how a plastic one can be as dear as the much better quality metal ended M-Tec ones listed on your website. Something is definitely not right there.
I could get a plastic PFT one for £80 and PFT can’t ever be described as cheap. I’ve paid nearly double that!
I very rarely complain as a consumer but in this instance it feels very justified.
Completely understand your point and it’s something I have already raised with our supplier.
But it will be down to purchase costs currently and order frequency/size.
We don’t sell them, as I said, this is the first one is a very long time.

However, saying this, I have been away and only just got all the information on this and I believe you’ve actually paid the price for the M-tec M200 Flow Tube and not the EZE Mix - therefore most likely have overpaid, obviously something we will sort/correct. This is part of the issue with not having this product listed on our site.

I’m back in the office tomorrow and will be looking at this and will obviously have a solution for you on this.

Completely understand your point and it’s something I have already raised with our supplier.
But it will be down to purchase costs currently and order frequency/size.
We don’t sell them, as I said, this is the first one is a very long time.

However, saying this, I have been away and only just got all the information on this and I believe you’ve actually paid the price for the M-tec M200 Flow Tube and not the EZE Mix - therefore most likely have overpaid, obviously something we will sort/correct. This is part of the issue with not having this product listed on our site.

I’m back in the office tomorrow and will be looking at this and will obviously have a solution for you on this.
How has this “overpayment” even been made? Somebody needs a dry slap!

Ok, update. For those that have any interest in this post.
Look at the previous posts for the admission of a mistake made by Ryan’s staff. I’ve been overcharged. A simple credit to my card would sort this out Instantly. Problem solved .
I got a PM from Ryan asking for my number so he could ring me and sort this out. I sent my number and haven’t had a call.
I messaged this evening saying I’d like to sort this out as I’ve been overcharged and now he’s saying if I send the part back they will give me a credit. Is that good customer service or just fobbing me off?!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, be wary of paying over the odds at P1. Do your research, they pride themselves on customer service, not what I’ve received here.
Ryan, your typical salesman, says what’s right in the public domain, on this forum, but, in my instance hasn’t followed through on promises made.
I will not spend a penny more at this place.
Be warned!

Ok, update. For those that have any interest in this post.
Look at the previous posts for the admission of a mistake made by Ryan’s staff. I’ve been overcharged. A simple credit to my card would sort this out Instantly. Problem solved .
I got a PM from Ryan asking for my number so he could ring me and sort this out. I sent my number and haven’t had a call.
I messaged this evening saying I’d like to sort this out as I’ve been overcharged and now he’s saying if I send the part back they will give me a credit. Is that good customer service or just fobbing me off?!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, be wary of paying over the odds at P1. Do your research, they pride themselves on customer service, not what I’ve received here.
Ryan, your typical salesman, says what’s right in the public domain, on this forum, but, in my instance hasn’t followed through on promises made.
I will not spend a penny more at this place.
Be warned!
Wow. Wow!

I’m am truly shocked to be seeing this. And in truth, ashamed.

So, my day today consisted of many things including my sons first sports day - which was a priority for me and I wasn’t missing.

There were many things I had to sort out and arrange for other things, but as said, on a public domain, I will sort it.

I apologise for not calling today, but there were other things happening. I was also informed you were sending it back - I am not a mind reader and If you wanted to keep it, you could have said that. Credits and refunds aren’t issued if the goods aren’t fully returned - standard business practice.

I also have seen your DMS before this post, and you’ll note I have instructed the team to do a FULL refund.

In truth, if this is the way you wish to act on a simple error, which I assured would be sorted, then I’m happy for you to go elsewhere.

Mistakes happen - give people the opportunity to fix it before being a keyboard warrior trying to ruin people’s livelihoods on an open forum.

To add, I’m also replying to this whilst trying to put two children to sleep, one of which has a perforated ear drum - occurred last night. So @Rossi46 sadly sometimes things get in the way, and trust needs to be given in the fact I said it would be sorted.

How has this “overpayment” even been made? Somebody needs a dry slap!
A simple reason, it’s not a product loaded on our system or website. I was away on business so unavailable to ask and a wrong judgement on price was made.

An easy fix on our internal system and something that shouldn’t have happened.

All of our prices are normally listed online and we are very transparent with everything.

TBH a credit note is shyte = absolute cheek of companies to do that, disgustung imo.
should refund with a 10% discount code given for next purchase or something similar.

additionally the nature of a company employing more than 5 people falls into a default shyte experience when a customer is un happy.
absolutley looses the sensitivity for the end users experience but gets consumed in companies methods of dealing with a problem which focuses on the firms logistics rather than a punters feelings and legitimate hard done by experience

Last edited:
TBH a credit note is shyte = absolute cheek of companies to do that, disgustung imo.
should refund with a 10% discount code given for next purchase or something similar.

additionally the nature of a company employing more than 5 people falls into a default shyte experience when a customer is un happy.
absolutley loses the sensitivity for the end users experience but gets consumed in companies methods of dealing with a problem which focuses on the firms logistics rather than a punters feelings and legitimate hard done by experience
I wasn’t offering a credit note. I offered a credit - as in a refund with money back to him.

When it’s an error like this, we wouldn’t retain any of the money as that’s not fair or correct.

I have messaged @Rossi46 and advised him the office will be in touch, my message to the team was to allow him to keep the item and refund the whole amount, obviously including delivery charges.

I was always under the impression he was returning the item as that’s what was said. Hence saying we need to wait for it to come back first - that’s standard procedures.

To be honest, this could have all been sorted with the call and it still will be. I agree sensitivity can be lost - however I offered my number for an immediate call to sort.

Sadly there were things that got in the way today for me to make the call, especially with me being away. And with most cases on public forums, they kept massively blown up!

I have given my word it would be sorted and it still will be, but I do think all of this is completely over the top.

Last edited:
I wasn’t offering a credit note. I offered a credit - as in a refund with money back to him.

When it’s an error like this, we wouldn’t retain any of the money as that’s not fair or correct.

I have messaged @Rossi46 and advised him the office will be in touch, my message to the team was to allow him to keep the item and refund the whole amount, obviously including delivery charges.

I was always under the impression he was returning the item as that’s what was said. Hence saying we need to wait for it to come back first - that’s standard procedures.

To be honest, this could have all been sorted with the call and it still will be. I agree sensitivity can be lost - however I offered my number for an immediate call to sort.

Sadly there were things that got in the way today for me to make the call, especially with me being away. And with most cases on public forums, they kept massively blown up!

I have given my word it would be sorted and it still will be, but I do think all of this is completely over the top.
To be fair we all think @Rossi46 is a total c**t, so don't take it personally.
No offense Rossi mate.

I fcukin knew them at p1 was good salesmen when I went in for a new box level and ended up towing a brand new liquid screed pump back up the M5 with me, I think Ryan’s words were something like it’s better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it that was five years ago and I’m still waiting for my first liquid screed job :cry:

I fcukin knew them at p1 was good salesmen when I went in for a new box level and ended up towing a brand new liquid screed pump back up the M5 with me, I think Ryan’s words were something like it’s better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it that was five years ago and I’m still waiting for my first liquid screed job :cry:
I raised a good point, you won’t get the job without it!

I’d like to make an apology to Ryan. He has been in touch and made sure this is sorted out for me.
I was being impatient and should have given him the time to deal with it. I felt something wasn’t right and stood my ground but took it too far and too personally.
Ultimately it’s been dealt with professionally on his part despite me unreasonable.