Mini-mesh bead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olib92

Does anybody actually use the mini mesh skim beads and if so are they any good? Are they better than the "usual" skim bead

Don't like the mesh beads tbh, to flexible and if the corner ain't perfect the mesh wing can be difficult to cover,If you know I mean:glare:

they have there uses! i use them when builders do there own dot and dabing and theres no adhesive in the corners! and i use a staple gun to put them on!!

I would normally use Thin coat stop end beads for obtuse angles:RpS_thumbup: works a treat

Just 1 bead mate,fixed on the side where the join of the two plasterboards meet,posistion it so it over hangs the other angle by bout 3 mm to take a skim. Nail staple, or dab on with skim, dabin on is best way imo,can sometimes be difficult gettin a fixin with nails and tend to flap about a bit:RpS_thumbup:

15mm of mono on a skim bead ...... And then you think others are talking s**t?.....nothing wrong with stop beads when there covered with gear there strong as any unless you smash into them then it's you're fault, stick a skim bead on an angle over 90 degrees and you lose the ceiling and skirting lines mr hasn't quite got his head around it yet

I think he was referring to using either thin coat stops or mini mesh or normal skim beads for external angles. Why use a pointless example like 15mm of mono on a skim bead?

Do the stop beads not crack? Never tried em, but I'd always be worried they'd crack...

WTF are you talking about moron, have you ever seen one of these mini mesh beads?

Lose the skirting and ceiling lines?? We're talking about millimetres here. :RpS_lol:

And I never stick skim beads on.....

And skim stop beads are weak, catch them and they rip off. Regardless of whose fault it is they are simply weaker.

My point was that some beads are better in some situations than others......you're another who needs to think before you post crap.

Now re-read that crap you posted, drag yourself to the corner of the room and uppercut yourself 65 times. One for every word, we can ignore the extra one you tried to add with "you're" since it's clear you don't understand when an apostraphe should be used. :RpS_thumbsup:

You are correct.
Danny I have used stop beads on angles many times without problems of cracking I've used them in my own house 7 years ago and they are still lookin fine, corner bead or stop end bead will still be damaged if it's hit and you can rip off any bead if you hit it hard enough. Don't understand why you reckon it will crack? They don't normally crack any situation I have used them????

I've seen them crack. Probably down to bad boarding or them not spanning the join of the board, I dunno.

I hardly ever use these mini mesh beads but have done in the past, I generally use the 135 degree skim beads for obtuse angles, they don't always sit nice but can be squeezed or opened a little.

I've seen them crack. Probably down to bad boarding or them not spanning the join of the board, I dunno. I hardly ever use these mini mesh beads but have done in the past, I generally use the 135 degree skim beads for obtuse angles, they don't always sit nice but can be squeezed or opened a little.
I have used the expamet 135 degree beads before,but find them hard to come by dont know any merchants that keep them in stock hence using the stop end bead,and can b used on angles greater than 135 no need to feck about trying to splay the bead. They are ideal for use in loft conversions where all sorts of angles can arise, I thought most expeirenced spreads would use them this way? Or mabye I am just a cowboy!! Yeeehaa! Am away to feed the horse lol

Not saying I don't use them, I do. What I'm saying is that each type of bead has its forte. :RpS_thumbup:

I like reading this forum and i occasionally write something.
But the one thing that pi$$es me off , is the continual bickering . Fcuking grow up.

I`ve used thin coat stop beads many a time , partically on overskims , though never thought about it on extreme angles and i welcome the advice. Got several splayed reveals to do on some veluxes next week , right up in the gods where no one will see and i use stop beads to see how it goes. Got to be a better job than flattening out the standard stuff as they never seem to sit right once ive squashed them. But there again im partically fussy.

I like reading this forum and i occasionally write something. But the one thing that pi$$es me off , is the continual bickering . Fcuking grow up.I`ve used thin coat stop beads many a time , partically on overskims , though never thought about it on extreme angles and i welcome the advice. Got several splayed reveals to do on some veluxes next week , right up in the gods where no one will see and i use stop beads to see how it goes. Got to be a better job than flattening out the standard stuff as they never seem to sit right once ive squashed them. But there again im partically fussy.
Who is bickering?? If you mean Dannymac and spunky, they are just sparring partners:RpS_biggrin:

I like reading this forum and i occasionally write something.
But the one thing that pi$$es me off , is the continual bickering . Fcuking grow up
wrong forum mate if you're lookin for grown ups,anyway i'm away for a go on the swings and the see saw,.... Feckin
Love the see saw:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.