mono water repelancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
without having to delve around endless spec sheets does anyone know which mono has the highest water repellancy rating quickly ?

Ta

Without any specs available I would say the silicone based mono's of SAS-Europe and k-Rend.

Without any specs available I would say the silicone based mono's of SAS-Europe and k-Rend.

silicone enhanced products have nothing to do with water permeability or algae/fungi that has to do with the biocides in the blend at batching. TBH the amount of silicone that goes in makes no odds at all bar a good sales ground. If there was enough silicone in mono to prevent deterioration it would be unusable as a render product.

products with more fines/polymers etc will be the better performers J:RpS_biggrin:

Monos fine as long as you don't scratch the skin off. The roughcast texture stays clean for ages like you done.

Dont know mate for instance Weber have 24 different monos in Spain all made for different situations.

Monos fine as long as you don't scratch the skin off. The roughcast texture stays clean for ages like you done.

I noticed the blebs have a glossier edge to them than the duller scraped method. got another tyrocast coming up in a few weeks

I noticed the blebs have a glossier edge to them than the duller scraped method. got another tyrocast coming up in a few weeks

Whats tyrocast John? Is it the roughcast you made a video of? Would like to come a have a butchers when you do that job.

Whats tyrocast John? Is it the roughcast you made a video of? Would like to come a have a butchers when you do that job.

yes mate its the tyrolean/roughcasting finish you can do with machine. I just call it Tyrocast because you can sort of do both finishes tyro finish or real heavy more like roughcast say obviously no chippings involved.

you wanna come and do it ? I cant pay you tho HAHAHA

Tyrocast mmmm. I was speaking to steve keightley about this recently.
whats this video rigsby speaks of?

With this new tasty tyrocasting John do you get bigger blobs when the wet gear works through after a stop then settles down again. Got lots of this work coming up and those big uns are making my ass twitch. Not sure whether to go down the mix by whisk and pour into machine for the texture coat so the supply of gear was consistent?

Thanks for the water pimp mr blones....had a worried call off the missus that a keen ginger chap was running down the drive lol

yes mate its the tyrolean/roughcasting finish you can do with machine. I just call it Tyrocast because you can sort of do both finishes tyro finish or real heavy more like roughcast say obviously no chippings involved.

you wanna come and do it ? I cant pay you tho HAHAHA

My two men will donate themselves for free for the day if you show them how to do it with the machine. I will watch, the tennis elbow is still giving me grief.

Hi, just interested to know which mono did you use in the end? I'm looking to do the same kind of thing and good water repellancy would be ideal...
Any mono will do it. Parex, weber, granicem, enewall, marmorit, pro rend. If your looking for hi water repellancy remember mono is very breathable and very porous.
If you need repellancy say if its coastal or exposed Consider paint afterwards or a dedicated roughcast system that will keep weather out.

sent from my G3

Any mono will do it. Parex, weber, granicem, enewall, marmorit, pro rend. If your looking for hi water repellancy remember mono is very breathable and very porous.
If you need repellancy say if its coastal or exposed Consider paint afterwards or a dedicated roughcast system that will keep weather out.

sent from my G3

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.