1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Mushroom Fixings - How Many for an 8 x 4 Sheet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions On Plastering' started by EugenesDIYDen, Nov 13, 2017.

1. zolco

zolco Private Member

I always do more, I like a bit of pluggin

2. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Don’t over analyze!,get them up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

I know you do your the forums hoe bag

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. EugenesDIYDen

EugenesDIYDen New Member

I'm in the process of stripping the vinyl. Got the plastic layer off but will have to steam or wet the paper to scrape it off.
    I wonder is there any point considering the slabs themselves have paper at the back on the cold side of the vapour barrier?
    (Sorry, over analysing again!!!)

5. John j

John j Active Member

I.ve never plugged these just dabbed em . Never had a prob . And if its for fire (i thought it was if you were tiling to hold weight) then by time it gets hot enough for boards to fall of ye either out house or dead

6. zolco

zolco Private Member

D
    Don't knock it till you try it ;)

7. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Oh I’ve tried it just ain’t met a real spread yet as I’m like a penny in a well

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

It’s more for when fire brigade go in it holds the boards up as in a fire it would go behind and melt the insulation

9. zolco

zolco Private Member

Nothing beats a bit of self confidence:ROFLMAO::D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

As the forum goes from tranny to gays to the eu to lesbians to marshy flirting I thought i would put my bit in and say bring on the spread

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. zolco

zolco Private Member

You have to pair up with @theclemo heard it from a mate he's a bit of an animal

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Lol I must admit I do fancy the @clemo trowel handle he once showed us

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Sure scrape it off for peace of mind,good job your not working in Dublin some of the stuff that’s going on.

14. zombie

zombie Private Member

I can't understand somebody being this Anal but then not wanting to pay to have the bit that actualy counts cosmeticaly ie a plaster to skim.

The mind boggles!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Irish John

Irish John Member

Have heard some fair horror stories about some of the things done up there especially on domestic work where the client is none the wiser :eek::eek:

16. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

17. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

E1D13F54-5B86-4A92-9B14-97AEFCB81966.jpeg
    This is the floor in upstairs bathroom.The wall underneath was knocked out to extend the kitchen.And there is an architect over it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Irish John

Irish John Member

Not much surprises me anymore (unfortunately )

19. zolco

zolco Private Member

20. zolco

zolco Private Member

Looks legit

21. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

f**k no. Some bloke that thinks he is a builder

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Irish John

Irish John Member

In all fairness that's just hideous but you would think that the plasterer would of filled out the gaps with bonding before putting the scrim on (at the very least )

23. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

Lol the plaster didn't put the scrim on. The super builder did. As I was the one who sorted it out. Bonding and then joint filler and paper tape was used. Then skimmed. I wasn't able to bond the wall at the end of the video on the right hand side. Super builder said it was ok as some timber was going there lol.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HFmexZIvknV51kyj2

• Like Like x 1
  24. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Dublin is held together with bonding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. John j

John j Active Member

Makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Boring I know but it’s true hence why if a fire safety officer sees services going through the holes in the studs they go mad although if the place is burning down would be last of your worries

27. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

5CAF0939-7843-40BA-B359-AF2FD59D4D05.jpeg
    Waste not want not

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. choppa

choppa Active Member

Day rate about 400 price work 1 per 2 panels

29. Irish John

Irish John Member

God having to scrim or tape that would do your head in o_O:frenetico::frio::lol:

30. Irish John

Irish John Member

Good man. At least this super builder has a plasterer that knows what he's doing :numberone:.
    Nicely finished BTW

• Like Like x 1
  31. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Thing Is someone has actually done that and thought it’s a good job

• Funny Funny x 1
  32. Irish John

Irish John Member

What's connected to your right leg is what would want to meet their anas at high speed

• Funny Funny x 1
  33. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Oh I thought it would be alright would be words we would be told lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  34. theclemo

theclemo Private Member

He don' have me any more tbh. I used to go to the jobs just for the fun of it. I'd never price his so called jobs. He did pay well tho

35. Irish John

Irish John Member

One of them hey. You do just get sick of having to fix rough work all of the time with some allright

• Agree Agree x 1