new speedskim blades

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvey2012

sorry i'm a bit behind the times, but what are the new speedskim blades like i've got the old ones but never really rated them for anything other than flattening in the first coat

is that the blue ones or what about the new finishing blades

The new sf blades are blue upvc with less grooves cut in to the blade, and are a replacement for the standard grey blades of old.
With these blades its possible with the right timings to almost finish with them.
My preferred method first coat flatten ,second coat flatten, twitch angles, washout.
Then 2 more passes with it. Tidy angles 1 pass over with a super flex, happy days.
Im not sure where these blades leave the metal tipped Sf blades? @Speedskim as they seem to make them pretty pointless imo.
There the dogs mate.:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottie are the blue ones good to use from the box or have u rounded of the corners

The new sf blades are blue upvc with less grooves cut in to the blade, and are a replacement for the standard grey blades of old.
With these blades its possible with the right timings to almost finish with them.
My preferred method first coat flatten ,second coat flatten, twitch angles, washout.
Then 2 more passes with it. Tidy angles 1 pass over with a super flex, happy days.
Im not sure where these blades leave the metal tipped Sf blades? @Speedskim as they seem to make them pretty pointless imo.
cheers pal i'll give em a go

Lol honestly keith they are so much better then the old grey blades.
How you keeping mate? Busy enough I hope :RpS_thumbsup:

Lol honestly keith they are so much better then the old grey blades.
How you keeping mate? Busy enough I hope :RpS_thumbsup:

busy mate. things look to be on the up here in Ireland. will that new blade fit the old speedskim.:RpS_thumbsup:

@scottie5 what size speedskim do you use for your method ?

I use the 1800mm wherever possible kev.
Have a 3.9 mtr high lounge to do tomorrow, will use the 1800 on a 2.2 mtr pole. For a couple of passes on the ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad you like the new ST blue Scottie :) With regard to the new SF with the metal tip we thought the same thing, but its proving to be a popular product as not everyone wants/or likes the idea of finishing with plastic.

We've been waiting to see what the feedback is on the new ST blue and since the modification rolled out on 31st May it seems to be a landslide that those who like to finish the work using plastic are loving it. We are going to change the Speedskim website wording now to reflect this.

The upshot is if the Plasterer prefers to finish using plastic the ST blue does everything now. If they prefer to finish with stainless steel as the contact point then the SF pink is the one to have.

For fastest results either way its best to flatten with the ST blue first (as it reduces surface moisture) which accelerates the gauge. The ST blue is incredibly versatile now ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.