New vs old

Members online

vfr12

MOTORC*NT
never stops to amaze me when I see the old grafters work. To manage perfect, if you can say that, square walls without all the posh tools we have nowadays is something I admire. I can’t tell the same for the majority new builds tbh. Hats off gents :tanguero:

29B14DF6-4FAF-44F3-969E-F21370721294.jpeg

Must be a reasonable age as it was a lath ceiling.
Correct sir.the ceiling was lime over lath and the newspapers under the carpet are dated 1970,but the house is 1920. Walls done with quick lime and were shattered- mix wasn’t right and horse hairs in bunches. Ceiling on the other hand - beauty. Lime putty with good sand selection and in amazingly good condition.
Walls will be replaced with bauwer light and ceiling hemp lime over wood wool boards. Till the last board in that room I didn’t hat to trim nor cut the corners to fix them . Square as pandora’s box :D

The kids today don't know they're born.
Like my boy with all his lynx shower gels and body wash.
When we all had to share a bar of imperial leather between us, that Dad used to wash his ar5ehole and Plums with.

They also had better materials

We have more advanced materials and tools at the moment to achieve high quality finished product, but we won’t , only because we have lost that mentality, we lost the connection with natural products, simplicity and the basic nature rules and eventually the knowledge.All we are after now is money, where I still remember back in the old days it was more about pride than money.

We have more advanced materials and tools at the moment to achieve high quality finished product, but we won’t , only because we have lost that mentality, we lost the connection with natural products, simplicity and the basic nature rules and eventually the knowledge.All we are after now is money, where I still remember back in the old days it was more about pride than money.
Very very sad. But so true.

It's not true ,there are great tradesmen with great skill, great hands ,great minds ,very conscientious people , there are many (barely skilled )other than that they can be seen to stand upright amongst us ,especially in the plastering world

Its all over for me :(, so far in the last week I've been described as a Veteran spread.
Then some cheeky wee bstard apprentice on site , who looked about 10years old held open the door for me saying "Come on old Timer I haven't got all day".:mad:
Old timer ffs I'm in my prime I tell you :mad::mad::mad:.

Its all over for me :(, so far in the last week I've been described as a Veteran spread.
Then some cheeky wee bstard apprentice on site , who looked about 10years old held open the door for me saying "Come on old Timer I haven't got all day".:mad:
Old timer ffs I'm in my prime I tell you :mad::mad::mad:.
Should have f**k**g punched him aarrgghhh aarrgghh arrgghhhh :frenetico::boxeador::boxeador::boxeador::boxeador:

Things changed mate, everyone is a businessman these days, expectations and turnaround time is top priority