No angle tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would square reveals, heads and nibs up but i would not be squaring rooms up.
what type of meterage are you covering in a day doing that?

Malc couldnt tell you mate, bud were dabbing and skimming 4 bed houses in 7 days.
Couldnt tell you meterage as i work on a price so dont even bother measuring up.

What do you do when you've just dabbed 30m wall then start the next wall coming off you're external and realise it runs back into the blockwork

Malc couldnt tell you mate, bud were dabbing and skimming 4 bed houses in 7 days.
Couldnt tell you meterage as i work on a price so dont even bother measuring up.
I would like to know how many of u there is an what your getting a plot but I bet your not going to tell me

For an overskim, it is outside the remit of our responsibilities to leave the walls perfectly level (horizontal and vertical) and the reveals perfectly square. Whenever the requirements lead to more effort, I always charge more :)

well done so we charge for what we do, it was pretty obvious he was on about new builds you tit

Gents, I'm the top side of 50 and the guy who taught me and he retired while I was still serving my time taught me how to use an internal angle trowel well before perhaps any of us even knew what a trowel was, mind you they were mostly twitchers then. It was mainly opposites back then but the internal always came out for smaller works and every spread had one.

The older tyzacks range from a sharp angled point to one that is very round, look on ebay now, one on there that is more akin to wattle and daub work but would be handy on older properties.

My ol man is 87 and still spreading and using the same twitcher from when he was a boy, and it was his dad that gave it to him:RpS_laugh:

Why are people finding it so difficult to use an angle trowel? In essence it is a two-sided trowel. The first pass creates a straight line down the internal corner. Then each face of the trowel uses the straight internal as a refernce point for flattening/removing excess from each side in turn. There is more work involved in forming a wet corner but the end result is comparable to a hard corner :)

My ol man is 87 and still spreading and using the same twitcher from when he was a boy, and it was his dad that gave it to him:RpS_laugh:

Fair play to him fatarm ,he proper old school,unfortunately my old man died in the mid 80s otherwise he would still be spreading that's for sure ,would of been roughly the same age as your old man.respect to the old'ns

Why are people finding it so difficult to use an angle trowel? In essence it is a two-sided trowel. The first pass creates a straight line down the internal corner. Then each face of the trowel uses the straight internal as a refernce point for flattening/removing excess from each side in turn. There is more work involved in forming a wet corner but the end result is comparable to a hard corner :)

I dont find them difficult... I find them crap

Using a twicher or angle trowel is a skill which is learnt and if learnt properly can produce the same results as a dry angle some can do it and some cannot. I think to totally dismiss either method would be foolish we all use methods which are best for us on a daily basis. I have seen knackers using fingers to run angles in ffs

I dont find them difficult... I find them crap

An angle trowel can perform exactly the same functions as a normal trowel. It can be used for laying on, flattening, removing excess, wet troweling and dry troweling. In my opinion, those that cannot produce a comparable corner with an angle trowel are those who have yet to master the tool :)

An angle trowel can perform exactly the same functions as a normal trowel. It can be used for laying on, flattening, removing excess, wet troweling and dry troweling. In my opinion, those that cannot produce a comparable corner with an angle trowel are those who have yet to master the tool :)

And in my opinion those who need to use an abundance of tools have not yet mastered the use of our main main tool the trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.