non sticky scrim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

we all know its a bitch when the scrim won't stick. just put it on a halogen light for a couple of minutes, preferably on the handle so it doesn't melt, it warms the glue up and hey presto, the best damn scrim you'll ever use!

phippsy333 said:
buy decent scrim in the 1st place and it wont need heating up...fibatape...best by far

Even the named brands sometimes do it, I think sometimes the machine that makes it misses it or sometimes a batch of glue is mixed wrong.

Either way I f*ckin hate teflon scrim :(

i was on a huge job and all the scrim was bought before it started and none of it stuck .......f**k me they had to spend a bit on staples ;D

i used a roll that had been sat in a damp bucket in the shed for a year, the cardboard centre just disintegrated but after a minute in the microwave and scrimming up late in the day it was still up following morning..
chuffed i was ;D

if you get that prblem just spread your joints first and lay your scrim in the plaster... like we did in the good old days with horrible jute scrim...

Chris W said:
i used a roll that had been sat in a damp bucket in the shed for a year, the cardboard centre just disintegrated but after a minute in the microwave and scrimming up late in the day it was still up following morning..
chuffed i was ;D

love it haha, can i borrow your microwave please love? expecting you to put some soup or something like that. in goes the scrim! what setting did you put it on chris? ;D ;D ;D

Applicator for tape is crap, great idea but not practical. Also bought about 80 rolls of "Fibatape" and 100 rolls of Mammoth Scrim (Everbuild). Thought the Fibatape would be great but after using it and watching it fall off it'd rate the Mammoth scrim as the best of the two.

Cool idea about the halogen lights I will try that. The winter cold doesn't help the glue much. I used some quite nice scrim once it was called Silver Scrim (guess what colour it was).

Clint

I found silver scrim best sticks like s*** to the proverbial blanket.Even sticks to hardwall when scriming ceiling edge to plasterboard ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.