1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Nvq fast track

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forums Information Guides' started by Paul Robison, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Paul Robison

Paul Robison New Member

Hi ppl iv been plastering for 12 years but finding it hard now without the blue card so iv booked the experience plasterer fast track anyone know what I would expect to do to pass cheers

2. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Is this the same as the oSAT?

3. Paul Robison

Paul Robison New Member

What's osat

4. zolco

zolco Private Member

On site assessment

5. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Turn up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Robison

Paul Robison New Member

Are right I assume so like

7. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

When I did it I had to present a portfolio of my work showing I could carry out the jobs they then came on about 3 of my jobs... even spoke to customers didnt take long but I assume it is a lot quicker these days and it is not worth the paper it is written on....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paul Robison

Paul Robison New Member

I have to go to the training centre and show I can do the job so I get my nvq level 2 so I can get the blue cscs card

9. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

who is the company you are doing it through?

10. malc

malc Private Member

most people have fake css cards as they are to expensive and the job does not warrant that amount of outlay.

11. stiltwalker

stiltwalker Active Member

Don't they check malc?

12. malc

malc Private Member

no, the sites are to slap happy to check .

my son tells me that the site they are working on, a gang of eastern are rendering the mono. the agent said non of them have any cards. he asked to see the cards, they answer " when do you want the scaffold down? agent says "next week" he is told it is better to shut your mouth then.

13. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

that is what is sooo wrong... also NVQ 2 are being given out like sweets and there are companies that sending pout the certs without even seeing the plasterers,....

14. Simon85

Simon85 Active Member

Is that same as our CSR cards? Usually have to do health and safety course too and use it for a site pass. Last 4years?

15. Paul Robison

Paul Robison New Member

Gold trowel in Essex

• Like Like x 1
  16. malc

malc Private Member

i guess it is the same. my sons card needs to be renewed but when he saw the cost he stalled .

i have not got a cscs card i only have my apprentice indentures. they asked to see them in the Netherlands as they have had problems with British labour. that is the only time i have ever been asked to produce them.

17. malc

malc Private Member

they are trying to down grade the trades.

18. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

ah good :D They are very reputable so it should all be good :D