out priced

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol steve i can but im getting over blisterd sunburn 2nd degre berns m8te still can move had the best shag last night lol last all the skin off my sholders lol im herting

carping said:
lol steve i can but im getting over blisterd sunburn 2nd degre berns m8te still can move had the best shag last night lol tuck all the skn off my sholders lol im herting

so the customer pays more because you cant do as much in a day due to sunburn ???

carping said:
no but do you want too work for peanuts m8 wee all need too make money

no mate, but charging 600quid for what is effectivley 1 days work is ridiculous. i know there are plasterers out there working for 50 a day and its fuc.king wrong. but you can either go in at a sensible price, and get it, or go in at a silly price (which is what we should be getting but we're not at the minute) and sit at home. i know what i'd rather do.

i'm good thanks troweladdict. and bobby i said i'd do it in a day with a labourer, its not all of us mate just some special ones haha

soo thats 4 on it we not talking about bumming a work you lads on site puting up p board all day tape and jointing lol one coat of skimm come one do it proper

bobby said:
me and my boys(3) would murder that in a day.probably have 3 tea breaks as well.

4 of you for 2 ceilings? who are you then, d.i.y. s.o.s? lol!

Who really cares . Carping if it takes you that long to do it to a decent standard then do it some are faster than others . Take your time and do good job lad . And before you ask, no!!

on monday i moved 10 downlighters, repaired the holes and skimmed a kitchen ceiling (3.5m x 2.5m) utility ceiling (2.5m x 2m) and a wall (2.2m x 3.5m) £330, not bragging, but i've got a good name and people are prepaired to pay a premium if you come recommened.

Pug said:
on monday i moved 10 downlighters, repaired the holes and skimmed a kitchen ceiling (3.5m x 2.5m) utility ceiling (2.5m x 2m) and a wall (2.2m x 3.5m) £330, not bragging, but i've got a good name and people are prepaired to pay a premium if you come recommened.
cough *bloody * cough* show off* cough

Here's one then:

3 ceilings all 8m2 2 in lounge lath & plaster with cornice
and one in dining room plasterboard all water damaged.

Take lights down.
Rip down plaster cornice from the 2 ceilings in lounge.
Rip down lath & plaster off 2 ceilings in lounge.
Cut a 2m2 patch out of dining room.
Clean up sh1t.
Put 2" strips of board on joists in lounge 2 ceilings to bring back down to existing level once boarded.
Board the 2 ceilings.
Board the 2m2 patch in dining room plus noggings.
Tape & pva dining room ceiling & tape 2 lounge ceilings.
Pva dining room ceiling again then skim the 3 8m2 ceilings - 24m2.
Then patch walls in lounge were old cornice used to be with easi fill ready to sand down for painter.

This took 2 of us 1 day!
8:30-5:30

£500 labour only. ;D

Steve do you think that if you mention walltowall and troweladdict enough times carping will crack and admit all?
Of course he wont, Christ he's been banned twice he's not going to give in that easily you're going to have to work harder..........................even though we ALL know it's him ;)

essexandy said:
Steve do you think that if you mention walltowall and troweladdict enough times carping will crack and admit all?
Of course he wont, Christ he's been banned twice he's not going to give in that easily you're going to have to work harder..........................even though we ALL know it's him ;)

its not him mate. i asked him in a pm and he said its not. ive got the wrong man. i will find him though ;) ;)

Day 1
3 hours rip down ceiling
2 hours reboard ceiling
1 hour set up
Day 2
3 hours skim ceilings
1 hour cleaning up
£460 inc gear 2 spreads 2 relaxing days

Pug said:
apparently, us domestic boys wouldn't last 5 mins in the real world

Yeah I know I'd love to see this real world,
heard a few people from the real world come on here saying how superior they are to domestic boys ???
Some site monkeys make me laugh :D skimming on boards with nothing in the way how easy can it get :-\
I've worked on site & domestic and prefer domestic these days!
And I love it when these people from the real world say we are hiding on domestic work ha ha WTF ???
They wouldn't last 5 mins on my jobs ;D

SLIPPY said:
Day 1
3 hours rip down ceiling
2 hours reboard ceiling
1 hour set up
Day 2
3 hours skim ceilings
1 hour cleaning up
£460 inc gear 2 spreads 2 relaxing days
oh dear

Status