Painting Questions

Members online

CRH

Regarding a new plastering job done to my garage converted into a studio, the plasterers did a swirl texture to the ceiling, does it need to be painted or can I leave the plaster as is?

If I need to paint it, can I use a roller or does it require a professional quality sprayer?

In regards to the walls, which I will paint, but have areas where there was compound used previously and also the new plaster, will basic water based primer and then paint be ok? I cannot use anything oil based due to issues to fumes.

Regarding a new plastering job done to my garage converted into a studio, the plasterers did a swirl texture to the ceiling, does it need to be painted or can I leave the plaster as is?

If I need to paint it, can I use a roller or does it require a professional quality sprayer?

In regards to the walls, which I will paint, but have areas where there was compound used previously and also the new plaster, will basic water based primer and then paint be ok? I cannot use anything oil based due to issues to fumes.
wickes do a swirling roller

I think either your plasterer was rough or you need arresting by the taste police..LOL

Yes, imagine my shock and dismay to find a hideous swirl job, however I cannot afford to have it fixed and they won't fix it for free. Your unconstructive snarky reply, however doesn't help me figure out what to do next; it is the "swirl job" of replies. How about offering some useful advice?

Crh
if you won't some more plaster swirls doing let me know i know a good gang that will be right up your street
:musculoso::musculoso:

Just phoned my mate in 1982 and he said you can either paint it or leave it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Aren't there any professionals here that can offer help to someone who got screwed over by a plasterer and now just wants to get advice for how to finish the space? I hate the swirl, but am stuck with it! Rude comments show your own flaws, not mine

Crh
if you won't some more plaster swirls doing let me know i know a good gang that will be right up your street
:musculoso::musculoso:
Is this supposed to be an insult to me or are you just showing off your inability to formulate a coherent statement?

When somethings posted in the diy section never understand why people cant just help someone out.....takes a minute of your time.

Just paint as normal but with a thicker roller and if you never asked for a Salford swirl either get them to sort it or don't pay.

Just paint as normal but with a thicker roller and if you never asked for a Salford swirl either get them to sort it or don't pay.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, the payment is an ongoing unresolved issue tied into many projects the contractor has messed up on.

Aren't there any professionals here that can offer help to someone who got screwed over by a plasterer and now just wants to get advice for how to finish the space? I hate the swirl, but am stuck with it! Rude comments show your own flaws, not mine
Are the swirls done with plaster or artex (which is a kind of off white colour) if it's plaster (pink colour) you could sand it down to look flat and smoothish.

just paint over it as usual, nothing to be done if you can`t afford to get someone else in to rectify it

Indeed! At least not everyone is a jerk. Thanks for your help
How do you know , she not even put up a picture ?
Because I have twirled enough ceilings with finish to know you could never sand it that's how I know.
Hi, could you please put up a picture of the swirls ...I also have and do many artex jobs when needed...sometimes I have done them very lightly with skim plaster (pink)

Then we can conclude this
Thanks Vince.

Yup buy a shotgun :sisi:

A couple of questions.

Did you not ask about the swirls before paying?

Do you have swirl anywhere else in the property?

Why will they not come and fix it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

And just for record sumat dsnt seem rite..prob another member bored..imagine not specifying artex swirly finish and walking in c ing it then paying lol..nah man not falling for this..and flynny asked for pics and he hasn't put any up and its in his own house so that takes 2 mins to do!
Don't think they have paid, sounds like other works been going on throughout the house and this is one of the issues. But I maybe wrong I only read from start to finish ;)