Payment Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I was just reading Renders post and he had to turn down a job due to the 90 day payment terms.

I have had similar here with the bigger firms and it drives me up the pole, we still have to pay our materials etc etc within 30 days and pay the men.

I think it is just WRONG!

what can you do though rich? its the age old story of 'someone will be willing to wait for their money, so we have to compete'

Then f*ck them off!

All it is is a method of them making you finance their projects for a quarter of a year.

28 days should be absolute maximum by law. In fact I dont see any reason why as soon as the 'measure' is in and agreed that payment cant happen there and then.

Just another reason not to work for kuntish builders.

this gives them the power to hold onto their money for longer but In fact it costs them more as it leaves us smaller and cheaper firms out of the equation so only the big boys can go for it with their big prices.

Rich ,in my humble professional opinion big firms are mostly all coonts , when it comes to payment they just do not give a toss and thats not right mate, get yourarse kicking boots on .

the thing is rich,and i found this out.the bigger you get and the more you deal with company`s,the terms go from 30-90 days.being ltd gives them a excuse to drag it out as well

thing is rich i loaned someone a hole cutter on a 14 day term ......its now day 34873883486568380734768300000 and the kunt still aint sent it back ......what can you do big guy what can you do

Take his teeth out,but that still wont get ur hole cutter back.
14 days is all im willing to wait NO LONGER !!!!!
Im a business not a charity.
Big companys cant absorb them terms either.All it will do is inflate the price of the works by 25 %
id leave alone rich unless ur sure u can afford it,if it goes pete tong.

Working capital as you put it is HARD EARNED SAVINGS that I WILL NOT use to SUBSIDISE any company that could go T*ts up on me... been there done that thank you very much... and it hurts a lot let me tell you... Im doing a job in manchester next week for a very big company i did a credit check on them and they are ok financally but i still negociated a 14 day payment terms from them.

I wouldnt outlay more than £1000 on materials on ANY job for ANYONE in this climate.
Its not becuse i aint got the money,its becuse i dont want to risk losing that money.
Ill purchase some materials upto that amount,but i wanna smell the money before buying any more materials or offering more labour.Putting it on accounts or credits cards is no good either if you havent got the dosh becuse you still gotta payt it back and if you dont get paid your creditor still wants waying in,next thing you no ur bankrupt.

Render Systems said:
Working capital as you put it is HARD EARNED SAVINGS that I WILL NOT use to SUBSIDISE any company that could go T*ts up on me... been there done that thank you very much... and it hurts a lot let me tell you... Im doing a job in manchester next week for a very big company i did a credit check on them and they are ok financally but i still negociated a 14 day payment terms from them.

Whats the company called in manchester and did you get anyone off here to give you a hand?

how long are you there for render? im in mancland in a couple of weeks. might come over and get the full rendersystems experience, complete with bottle opener!

nelly said:
I applied for my cscs card today :(

Did I f*ck

ill come and see you if you want aswell nelly. or we could all meet on renders job and have a good old natter about flynny

steve cov said:
nelly said:
I applied for my cscs card today :(

Did I f*ck

ill come and see you if you want aswell nelly. or we could all meet on renders job and have a good old natter about flynny

I might be there ;) so if you want to come to the job we will come OUTSIDE to talk to you coz you know the rules NO CARD NO JOB :)

I might be there ;) so if you want to come to the job we will come OUTSIDE to talk to you coz you know the rules NO CARD NO JOB :)
[/quote]

As much as I really would love too I'm starting a full house next week, where I dont need a card or a vest, hardhat boots, goggles, gloves I can use hop ups and step ladders, no hand print entrance no signing anything, I can smoke I can come and go as I please.

Its a f*ckin nightmare this domestic lark why oh why didnt I get a cscs card then I could be having all that fun obeying silly rules and regulations with you lot.

Oh that reminds me I need to phone a skip :)

nelly why dont you buy one of those rhino bag things and keep it in the van and if anyone asks you can say thats for the rubbish, you pay a couple of quid for the back and pay the rest for pick up, which obviously will never happen

steve cov said:
nelly why dont you buy one of those rhino bag things and keep it in the van and if anyone asks you can say thats for the rubbish, you pay a couple of quid for the back and pay the rest for pick up, which obviously will never happen

Thats classed as carrying waste mate.

Which means your earth killing b@stard that must be taxed to death

flynnyman said:
steve cov said:
how is it, its an empty bag. you could say your taking it to the job to be filled

By the sounds of it it doesnt matter what youve got in the van.
correct

Heres a line from the scumbags sorry environment agencies website

If you only transport waste produced by your own business, you do not need to register as a waste carrier, unless you are transporting building or demolition waste.

Anything includeing packaging.

Thats why this legislation needs stopping, its punitive to business, and presumes you are guilty of something when you are not.

flynnyman said:
Render Systems said:
yeah ptfmonoman is giving me a hand the company is english landscapes

Whats the company called in manchester and did you get anyone off here to give you a hand?

Render Systems said:
i did a credit check on them and they are ok financally but i still negociated a 14 day payment terms from them.

Do you need their bank account number to do a credit check, Steve? I'm tempted to start doing this to new customers, but it seems a bit cuntish to ask them for their bank details up front.

Render Systems said:
flynnyman said:
Render Systems said:
yeah ptfmonoman is giving me a hand the company is english landscapes

Cant say ive ever heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.