Plasterboard Angle Bead Crimping Tool

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my problems with angle beads in the past, usually when I've let some civilian do there own boarding.

I'll definitely give this new contraption a whirl at the price stated. If you get there first, be sure let us know how you get on :)

I've seen one used but the slide was plastic and worked really well. The metal slide is on the Marshalltown American site.

Hope this helps. Next tool i'm missing is a plastering trowel sharpener we have all damaged a worn in trowel and shed a tear !!

can anyone help ??

Lee

plastering trowel sharpener, you mean bit like a wetstone with 'plastering trowel sharpener' written on it?? :D
i used to use a kerbstone but i got a bad back from gettin it in and out of the car...
in seriousness though, those diamond cards/blocks are bloody fantastic on chisels, might get one of the cards for the glovebox...

while were all gettin new tools...
i aquired a lovely little baby trowel the other day, 8"x3", bloody fantastic, gets into all the nooks and crannies...highly recomended...i was gonna call him moschops but then i thought thats a silly name for a trowel...can anyone help???

No you run it down the blade to sharpen like sharpening scissors and it takes seconds and its about 4in long puts an excellent edge on the trowel.

Oh yes the midget trowel not got one in my tool box but my best buy this year was the adjustable internal corner trowel.

Lee

are them adjustables springy like the drywall internals? mine puts bloody lines in the wall, pain really, i only really use it to fill the corner after toppin and flattenin, then quick take the lines out...

Had a mate who named all his tools, but found it a bit odd when i found him talkin to them one morning :-?
[smiley=lolk.gif]
line em up...'right lads, got a good three sets today, look sharp and get a good breakfast, wanna be out by teatime...'

I have a midget trowel... super handy.

I also use a jointing knife to clean my spot board down with too another handy tool.

I wore a cheap wickes 11" in trowel in last week just used a curb out side the customers house rounded the corners off then with a bit of scratch it was sorted...lol no lines in that one.

Danny

gonna have to invest in one of them adjustables, had a bloody nightmare with mine today, loads of wet corners, hardly worth using the bloody thing cos i still gotta take the lines out..
where do you get em from, screwfix aint got em..

just been for a shufty, seems theyre the type of smaller trowel they use for venitian plastering, rounded both ends, sppose if you wanted to pee the painters off you could spend 20 mins with one, plenty of pressure, youll be able to see your face in it!
just ordered a marshaltown adjustable corner...on recommendation..cant bloody wait, seems im gettin loads of little jobs where its not payin 2 sets for adjacent surfaces...if it turns out as good as they say i reckon ill have a go with a blowtorch on my standard corner and see if i cant take some of the fierceness out of it...

Dont use it too soon. Keep your angles tidy'ish' and then when your on your 2nd trowel is soon enough IMHO.

PS somebody let me know what thoses crimping tools are like please.

well ive just got an angle bead crimper (the only one in the country so transtool told me) and well it doesnt work on our skim bead over here, in the states they use 1"1/4 skim bead and we use 1" skim bead so the crimper is a quater of an inch too big. its a real shame coz it looks like it would work REALLY
well, ive tried asking supplyers up and down the country and no-one can get 1"1/4 beading in this country so im well gutted.

So it looks like its back to the rusted out old staple gun that can hardley fire out staples and when you miss the bloody thing falls apart ;D I realy need a to get a new stapler. ::) Plus staple are expensive when you got to keep buying them :(

I'll probably get a few backs up with this comment but I stick most corner beads with a little bit of gaffer tape. It's very fast and I've not had any complaints yet. You do have to make sure it's stuck down properly but thats the only issue.

well peeps..i finally got my plassy corner trowel after ordering it from toolfix...took over a month...
dont rate it any better than the metal non adjustable to be honest, the backedge folds at 90 but the wings still splay out at about 110, i had visions of being able to tighten it right up and sort of do one side then the other....i always used to wait until 1st had tightened right up anyway...
ive just gone back to leaving it in the bucket and keeping my corners neater and doing the whole lot wet with the finish trowel, im finding it gets a better finish...
i started usin the corner a few years ago cos id panic on wet corners but im finding if the sets small enough to wet corner ive got loads of time to do em freehand and if its bigger ill just do opposites..
maybe im just getting a better hand or just older and wiser??

the crimping tool only works on plasterboard anyway so not much good realy.i find grip fill works very well and goes off in 5 mins when putting up skim beads.

not only that, if that tool dose what it says it dose and centres the bead on the boards then you betta make sure your boarding is spot on because otherwise they wont meet at the corners.

here is a tip though, i dab my beads on with plaster, now i like to seal the walls before i bead so that i dont get pva all over the bead (it tends to peal on the tip of the bead when towelling). so some times i bead a room a day or so before i skim it and when you have dabbed the beads on you will have lots of suction around the beads the next day, to overcome this i just mix the plaster (that i am going to use for the dabbing the beads) with neat pva. when this has set and dried out there will be no suction from it ;)

p.s i only do this if i have a few rooms to go at because otherwise i would just skim over the set plaster the same day so there would be no suction anyway ;)

Bod said:
So it looks like its back to the rusted out old staple gun that can hardley fire out staples and when you miss the bloody thing falls apart ;D I realy need a to get a new stapler. ::) Plus staple are expensive when you got to keep buying them :(

i got a big box from screwfix a while back. cant remember how much now, but not a lot, bout £10-£15. lasted months

naz said:
well ive just got an angle bead crimper (the only one in the country so transtool told me) and well it doesnt work on our skim bead over here, in the states they use 1"1/4 skim bead and we use 1" skim bead so the crimper is a quater of an inch too big. its a real shame coz it looks like it would work REALLY
well, ive tried asking supplyers up and down the country and no-one can get 1"1/4 beading in this country so im well gutted.
Try Walls and Ceilings International in Alcester they used to stock them.

Bod said:
Does that work? !!! On the mesh beads or the solid ones?

Bruce Willis said:
Bod said:
Does that work? !!! On the mesh beads or the solid ones?

you can use them on both but you have to be precise on the solid beads to get the staple to go in the holes ;)

its just as fast as nailing them in my opinion. i always like to bed them on though, just think its better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.