plastering on stillts TIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am 6 ft 3 and am having stillts for x mass.can you plaster the ceiling. And put the tops of all the walls on. And blend the botems in on 2nd hit

I do when i'm taping, but I reckon it would be a different story when skimming. Unless it was a small room, that is.

Don't bother with the bottoms at all mate!
As it'll either be a kitchen with base units fitted afterwards, so bottoms won't be seen.
A lounge with chairs/tv/cabinets/in the way etc, so won't be seen.
Bathroom........you get the picture :RpS_thumbup:

put a velcro strip on the ceiling and some patches on your stilts.

then you can do the bottom upside down

dnt think thier banned mabey frowend apon i think if you want to use them on site you have to sort out a risk assesment for them.
dnt quote me on that though been a while scince i stepped onto a comercial site

barstweards!!!!! oh well most comercial sites you lucky if you have a complete floor to work off anyway (ones ive been on) so thier proberly doin me a favour there

i know there banned in many country's because of safety reasons,i personally have never used them and i dont think i will either, hop up all the way , looks much safer.lol

i personally love my stilts aslong as your saftey conscious everything off the floor room clear and cables round the outside where your not likely to trip on them, ive needed them loadsa times when ive refused to use them just cos the floor is unsafe or theres holes or even those small underlay tacks that always get left in the floor, bloody trip hazzard they are.
if your sensable there a dream to lay on with

Hi i am 6 ft 3 and am having stillts for x mass.can you plaster the ceiling. And put the tops of all the walls on. And blend the botems in on 2nd hit
u can if u want to get kicked off site. take a pic when your finished so we can have good:RpS_laugh:

are stilts not banned on building sites now ?

Some sites have bannedem say theyre not safe but they are i used them for ten years and never had one accident. i not used them for about three years its easier to put ceiling and a couple o walls on off hop up

are stilts not banned on building sites now ?

Some sites have bannedem say theyre not safe but they are i used them for ten years and never had one accident. i not used them for about three years its easier to put ceiling and a couple o walls on off hop up

stoke your original question......i did this today but the wall had a dado rail so yes you can if its go a rail but itll look jank if you do it without haha:RpS_thumbsup:
only thought id post it as i was working away and suddenly realised i was doin wat we had been talking about a couplea days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.