Pre plastering joints

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here mate,, using bg on knauf boards certainly wont have any thing to do with this problem

unless the boards are tapered edge or the spread is one coating there is no need to go over your joins first

Hi chaps, this maybe an amateur question however I'm just after a bit of clarity. How many of you guys apply self adhesive scrim to a plasterboard wall then plaster all joints, wait for the joints to go firm but not set then begin the plastering process ? Is this common procedure as I have worked with over 20 plasterers, some who make me embarrassed enough to even pick up a trowel yet I have never seen this done ??? Your thoughts ??
I do ever since the self adhesive scrim come out , never used to when I used jute scrim,I have my reasons why I do this

Last edited:
And when they fell off a ceiling :-0

Yes it happened to me when I was about 16. Was sent to scrim a couple of ceilings ready for my uncle (who was skimming for my dad). only to find when we turned up on site in the morning the whole lot was on the floor! Thank god for the sticky stuff!

No mate, iv been paid, iv got another 1000sqm to finish on that job plus I start another 17k job for them on Monday. Having a bit of trouble with this perticular job and it feels they want to pin it on me. The contracts manager is saying it's my fault as iv not pre filled joints before plastering.

If they are being dicks walk away. I know the temptation of the big meters and run of work is good but if you do the rest by the sounda of it they will slow payments down then **** you on the last payment with counter chargers blah blah nlah

Pm me the companies name want to stay clear of firms like this who have knobs in charge of payments

To cut a long story short in still receiving complaints from a job which I have mentioned in a previous thread on here. They are using the thistle plastering guide as a reference to snag my work. I was not taught to do this and as I have said I have never seen this done, however it does state it in the thistle plastering guide.

You would only do that wa tappered edge then skim wa same gear what is there complaints a guide is ok in a perfect world

if your one coating yes, two coating there is really no need. the tapers and beads will all be filled in by your first coat so don't see the need for any complaints there.

im a one coat guy and always fill the tapers and beads then slap my one coat.

hessian you fill out... fibatape.. no, straight on.. if the boards arent staggered, who boarded it ?? as for studwork..thats down to whoever built it innit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.