removing render and reapplying

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shezzar

hello guys.
we may have a damp problem in our house that we are renovating.
on the external walls of our house it is rendered and we have been told by a few people that water could be getting up from a gap in the render at the bottom and moving up the wall.
so what we are wanting to do is remove the bottom 6inches (maybe more or less can you help?)
we are also thinking is there a way we can move the water away from the wall at the bottom.
one thing has been suggested about creating like slide effect at the bottom to push the water away.
or, around the outside of our garage (which is also rendered) at the bottom is some material (either wood or steel perhaps) that at the top of it is slanted away from the wall, my guess is that this also is to get the water away from the wall.
i have a few questions
1) How would i go about removing the render at the bottom of the wall?
2) What is the mix for a Lyme render that we could use?
3) Is it possible to create this 'slide effect' by building up the render and then smoothing it out? or is there a better way?
4) the wooden/steel material at the bottom of the garage wall, is it too move the water away or for another reason?
5) If the material is there too push the water away is it possible to use around the whole of the house?
6) Do you have any other suggestions about how we could get the water away from the wall?

we are NOT looking for any quotes as i am a plaster, i just wanted some help and suggestions.
thanks for you help in advance
shezzar

hello guys.
on the external walls of our house it is rendered and we have been told by a few people that water could be getting up from a gap in the render at the bottom and moving up the wall.
so what we are wanting to do is remove the bottom 6inches (maybe more or less can you help?)
we are also thinking is there a way we can move the water away from the wall at the bottom.
one thing has been suggested about creating like slide effect at the bottom to push the water away.
or, around the outside of our garage (which is also rendered) at the bottom is some material (either wood or steel perhaps) that at the top of it is slanted away from the wall, my guess is that this also is to get the water away from the wall.
i have a few questions
3) Is it possible to create this 'slide effect' by building up the render and then smoothing it out? or is there a better way?
4) the wooden/steel material at the bottom of the garage wall, is it too move the water away or for another reason?
5) If the material is there too push the water away is it possible to use around the whole of the house?
6) Do you have any other suggestions about how we could get the water away from the wall?

we are NOT looking for any quotes as i am a plaster, i just wanted some help and suggestions.
shezzar
Your a plastrer and asking these kind of questions baffling ????

leave it out lads hes only 16, a qualified joiner, level 1 plumber (working on level 2) and a qualified plasterer how is he supposed to know what a bead is :)

hello guys.
i have a few questions

shezzar

Blog-Red-Flag1_zps7f98952e.jpg

hello guys.
i have a few questions

shezzar

Omg lol, not into giving people a hard time but you've made a rod for your own back by saying your a plasterer dude................ Prepare to be owned

Status
Not open for further replies.