Render underside concrete roof infront of flats

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney13

Hi im new to the site and i could do with some advise,ive been asked to render the underside of a concrete over hang infront of some flats,it as a sort of flacking rubber artex stipple finish which as had all the loose removed,due to where the rendering needs doing i know i cant use traditional sand and cement because of the weight of it so what ever i use needs to be a 1 coat and light and stick like s##t because not only is it above the entrance of the flats but also on a high st so i cant take any risks.
any ideas would be welcome:RpS_unsure:

Hi Stoney

We specify Aquapanel Exterior for soffit applications (with a sub frame and then thin coat render finish).

Sounds like you are really after a render finish to the exisiting, therefore you really need to get a render company to come out, inspect what you have and offer you a formal spec for the application. That way they are taking responsibility.

Most high quality Thin Coat render systems will be suitable for soffit applications - subject to the sub-straight.

Feel free to contact me if you want some boarding options - or some contacts for render assistance.

I am sure others will give some opinions and name some brands to look at.

Good Luck
Richard Lord
Aquapanel Spec Manager - 07918766577 rlord@knauf.co.uk

Hi im new to the site and i could do with some advise,ive been asked to render the underside of a concrete over hang infront of some flats,it as a sort of flacking rubber artex stipple finish which as had all the loose removed,due to where the rendering needs doing i know i cant use traditional sand and cement because of the weight of it so what ever i use needs to be a 1 coat and light and stick like s##t because not only is it above the entrance of the flats but also on a high st so i cant take any risks.
any ideas would be welcome:RpS_unsure:

not a good background that mate

i would scrape the artex off, depending how smooth the concrete soffit is.
if it is smooth and clean, you can mix a cement grout with sbr, dipping your sponge into the mix,apply it to the soffit to give a rubbed up . easy money !

it would be easy if they wanted a textured finish but they want a smooth finish malc

in the op you said that you have been asked to render the soffit. therefore i thought that you wanted a rubbed up finish.
if you want a smooth finish just pva and skim it.

in the op you said that you have been asked to render the soffit. therefore i thought that you wanted a rubbed up finish.
if you want a smooth finish just pva and skim it.[/QUOTE

as i understand it its external work Malc

scabble it down as dan says then thin coat either rubbed up to a smoothish finish or top in a .5 mm acrylic for a light texture or top hat and aquapanel then finish as req.

or scrape down well parinter and mesh with mushroom type fixing pins every 300-450mm and top in mate ,spongeand float, ortop with fine texture coat

it is external but protected from the weather, it can be a very simple job or you can turn it in to a big job.

Status
Not open for further replies.