Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

Been speaking to Rich and Paul alot about rendering and I want to get more into it. Rich has been telling me about the marmorit/thin coat sort of stuff and Paul has been explaining wallcrete. is it worth getting into the acrylic side of things without a machine? is it best to become an approved applicator, if so how do i do it? and finally, is there a certain product to go for to begin with, or more specifically are there any products to stay well clear of?

thanks in advance.

You don't need a machine for any render Steve especially thin coats, the chap I do a bit for ( a bit mind I haven't done much of it) went on a course for Marmorit and can get the kit I've used marmorits stuff never had any probs using it it's expensive to supply though I think a bag of sm700 that'll do 5m is 25 quid plus

Beddy always good to get into this work another feather in your cap mate it is the future.

what i mean is do many of you do smaller jobs with thin coats? like extension or 1 off houses etc or is it mainly sitework/ hotels etc

One off jobs and site work, you might have to insulate someones house from the outside or you don't want to risk putting 15mm of mono over existing stuff

what i mean is do many of you do smaller jobs with thin coats? like extension or 1 off houses etc or is it mainly sitework/ hotels etc

There is becoming more and more demand for it Steve, now that people have the big wide world web at their fingertips, you find that they are starting to request a particular system , or they will ask you if you think it's a better option for them, even the smaller architects are specifying systems for smaller one off jobs, so yes it's def worth gettin into.
Getting approved is another matter, normally they don't want to get involved with you unless you have a biggish contract to go at, especially in this climate, but it's no big deal, you can still pick up the products from your local builders merchants now, and if they don't stock it they can get it for you. was on a job for les the other day and he's thinkin of startin training courses so he may be the chap to talk to, cos you can guarantee one thing you will know how to use the modern renders when they have trained ya

yeah Rich was telling me about Les. said hes 'the man' when it comes to rendering. The reason i was asking about being approved is Rich was saying he can offer guarantees etc which obviously makes it more appealing to the customers. Is it something I could do on my own from the off or would it be best to get with someone whos done it before to see how it all works? From what i've read it seems relatively easy but Ive been told it looks shite if its done incorrectly.

thats my next problem. as far as i'm aware none of the lads on here that do it are local to me. and most plasterers in cov s**t themselves at the mention of using anything other than s/c.

id say ur best bet is getting inot a bit of mono with the size of stuff ur doing. monos going mad round my way atm and no1 seems to be able to do it

as said its another string to your bow,its only in the last few years ive gone heavy into the rendering side of it.
getting approved is a pain in the arse,i dont know how it works with a one man band, but render manufactors are only looking out for themselfs and if your buying product off them theyll bend overbackwards for you ive foundbut,getting approved is a must ive found especially if you intend on fixing external insulaton systems on peoples houses,or if you intend on working with arcetects i find its the first thing they ask for , what warenties do you offer.
i wouldnt dream of sticking and decent area of mono on without a machine, once you get on with a suitable machine you think why did i bother sticking it on by hand prior.mono does look shite if it aint done properly, as said go work with someone.

its been asked before a while ago on here, but since then is anyone on here sto approved?

cheers john, stratfords only half an hour away from me. let me know when youre next down

I have tried to get in with Sto.... no luck .... fook them. Me and my mate marmorit are doing very nicely together.

Steve ... FU.CK YOU THEN

I have tried to get in with Sto.... no luck .... fook them. Me and my mate marmorit are doing very nicely together.

Steve ... FU.CK YOU THEN

ive tried aswell, no luck either. the set of tw#ts. they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Paul i think you have sent me PMbut nothing on it, i have sent you an email to your company email address

Richard Brown.

I am sorry I didnt accept your proposal. I wasnt thinking straight and for that I am eternally sorry. Please will you prove that you are the bigger man and accept my apology and take me under your wing for 1 week?

Much Love xx

you are prob using STO under another branding anyway. I have used most systems on the sites and I tend use 2 now or 3 depending on the job, I dont look beyond them. when you have found the best products on th market why use something else.....

remember there aint as many actual render systems out there as render brand names.... its the worst kept secret in the business.

most specs i get through are specified as sto, so i just alter the spec, but some firms wont budge.

Richard Brown.

I am sorry I didnt accept your proposal. I wasnt thinking straight and for that I am eternally sorry. Please will you prove that you are the bigger man and accept my apology and take me under your wing for 1 week?

Much Love xx

You will be sorry :RpS_crying::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.