riseing damp cured for good

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done 6/7 diagnosed rising damp lol jobs since the last thread. I'm happy to say all the houses recovered and are now nice and dry.
Only one was injected.
One lady INSISTED on injection despite being told it was not needed.

The extra £450 I charged her came in very handy for Paddys week :razz:

If the lady insistes you inject her and the customer is always right then inject her you must irish...........and its only fair she rewards you for your cream........:RpS_laugh:

If the lady insistes you inject her and the customer is always right then inject her you must irish...........and its only fair she rewards you for your cream........:RpS_laugh:

If I got paid for the amount of injections i've done of the years i'd be a millionaire by now lol

I do a bit of subbing for a damp company been in the game for 30 years .They done over 160 surveys in the last 6 weeks ,so damp is out there in some form ,but most is as all you guys say is not rising ,and to hear the surveyor say on the phone today "its condensation " thats why they are still here today ,and yes they deal with call backs .Don,t tar them all with the same brush

Yep you are deffo correct on that Keith, there are some honest companies/people out there but unfortunately, few and far between

We live and swear by Ultracure cream injection and Newton mesh membrane sheets. Never had a problem using this system yet and no call backs! Physical DPC,s are simply not cost effective and clients will be reluctant to pay for the labour to carry one out.

Also in older houses, there is always a chance of penetrating damp due to the omission of a cavity. The mesh membrane sheet does not let any damp pass if applied correctly. Can plaster right afterwards as well with minimal drying out times.

I've done 6/7 diagnosed rising damp lol jobs since the last thread. I'm happy to say all the houses recovered and are now nice and dry.
Only one was injected.
One lady INSISTED on injection despite being told it was not needed.

I was amused by the pun. What I and some of your other readers are mystified by is why you are doing any work in the house in the first place. If it isn't rising damp - it not existing - what exactly is it that requires your rendering skills? And why are you working near to the floor rather than the ceiling? Precisely, its not descending damp. You previously tell us that you use a salts inhibitor - why? Where do you think the salts come from? I do observe a slight deviation in your current approach. You don't seem to be shouting that rising damp doesn't exist. Is this a change of heart? Your buddy on the non-existence of rising damp has also gone quiet. Are you still looking for the web site that supports the non-existence of rising damp?

We live and swear by Ultracure cream injection and Newton mesh membrane sheets. Never had a problem using this system yet and no call backs! Physical DPC,s are simply not cost effective and clients will be reluctant to pay for the labour to carry one out.

Also in older houses, there is always a chance of penetrating damp due to the omission of a cavity. The mesh membrane sheet does not let any damp pass if applied correctly. Can plaster right afterwards as well with minimal drying out times.

The start of the thread was about the damage to the walling by use of a physical dpc. Where certainty is required a physical dpc provides this whereas a chemical one does not - even when carefully installed. I agree with you about cost.
In respect of solid walls one of the few things which is easily undertaken and provides miraculous results is spray treating with a water repellent. In reducing the water in the wall the wall temperature does not drop quite so low - this assists in a modest way in reducing internal condensation. With thin solid walls where it is not possible to introduce external insulation IMO stopping rainwater penetration and insulating the interior is required to improve the thermal efficiency of the wall.

It would be very difficult to get penetrating damp on internal walls Steve.

Unless of course you hadn't tiled your bathroom wall etc

It would be very difficult to get penetrating damp on internal walls Steve.

Unless of course you hadn't tiled your bathroom wall etc

Yes luv. But why treat penetrating damp as if it is rising, why not stop the source of the moisture and let it dry out? And why bother putting your comments in a rising damp dampness thread>

Status
Not open for further replies.