Running a dado

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnyman

Got a dado rail to run with two large bullnosed reveals would you run it in situ with a small mould with a very small slipper or would you run it on a bench @mikeadams1985 cheers

Yeh that's what I was thinkin nearly impossible to get the right curve of the bullnoses coz they will both be different cheers

Yeh might do I'm gonna price it see what happens she wants to match the rest in the hall which is timber, she had a price on skirting for a lot of money so gonna go in silly and see what happens ;)

The straights would be easy on a bench (if I had one) it's the two bullnoses which are the problem if you were sent a profile of the two bullnosed angles could you run them both on a bench? Or would You run them in situ also are you based in Liverpool?

if sent a profile i can run the straights and the bull noses on a bench. if given the measurements of the bullnose.
again tho, if its not a perfect curve then its a bit more difficult.

Im based in liverpool yes. If your not far and need a hand just let me know.

I am miles away but could visit the shithole lol so if I sent you a perfect profile of the two bullnoses you could work to them or maybe skim the bullnose to suit if it was out a bit?

I agree with mike, it would be preferable to either run them on the bench , or run a reverse and cast them off site IMO

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Don't really see the point of running a reverse mould then cast on site what would be the advantage, cheers.

Hi flynnman, I did say cast off site (In workshop)
Casting would be quicker than running, but I suppose it depends on the quantity ,

Yes with that quantities running in situ makes sense , once the background is good, best of luck

Yeh I'm gonna price it with the intention of running it in situ it will be more enjoyable and satisfactory cheers for your advise xx

Status
Not open for further replies.