salt neutraliser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris W

searched high and low for some this morning couldnt find any anywhere.. most builders merchants looked at me gone out...

checked out some places on t.net for some last night though and came across a bit that said it was basically acetic acid with a surfactant...

i took this to mean vinegar mixed with soap so when i couldnt find any i just got a bottle of good old malt vinegar from the corner shop, mixed it about 50/50 with water and used this?

anyone done this before or see a potential problem? dunno if its worked or not yet, sppose itll take a week or two?

I have always used the right stuff. Can you not buy it off a DPC firm or a chemical supplyer.

yeh i suppose i could have done but i wanted it like NOW!! seen the job yesterday, had a slow leak in the bathroom a while back that eventually got fixed but the water had wrecked the kitchen window wall downstairs real bad so when i scraped all the sh1te off i just wanted to make sure... besides its a patch up job for a landlord so quality isnt the buzzword... its 'how cheap, and how long will it last' ;)
saw some mad prices online ranging from 15 quid to 65 quid for 5 litres and acetic acid really is just vinegar...
i just wondered what the 'surfactant' bit did? as far as im aware is disperses oils or something? and i used malt vinegar.. would there be a difference?
i used to get mine from the dp company i used to work for but theyre miles away now..
might have to order some online..

thats why the waterproofer the damp companies supply has a salt neutraliser in it already..

Their concentrated additives look just the same (bottle,colour) as that Sika rubbish!! I wouldn't buy at half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.