Scratch coat application(sand and cement)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrwclem

Apologies in advance for this basic question ,I couldn`t find any older posts (honest), my question is in relation to applying a scratch coat of s/c in short, to get a thickness of 10mm would you recommend two passes or would one cause problems in relation to slumping , I`ve only ever used hard wall in the past .

Well for our scratch coat etc and top coat we put on going up ways then after a few metres on go over it sideways before darbying etc putting more gear on , not really 2 pass's though ...... You should get ten mil , depends on how soft u mix ur stuff etc aswell .......

Cheers,
s/c is a traditional backing but easy to f**k up if you don`t know what your doing in terms of titting about with it ie over troweling hence I have steered away from it but reading on here I have more confidence owing to the wealth of knowledge to be found on this forum, lastly when is the best time to rule off, straight away or let the render pick up

Cheers,
s/c is a traditional backing but easy to f**k up if you don`t know what your doing in terms of titting about with it ie over troweling hence I have steered away from it but reading on here I have more confidence owing to the wealth of knowledge to be found on this forum, lastly when is the best time to rule off, straight away or let the render pick up

Straight away nicer on the arms

Apologies in advance for this basic question ,I couldn`t find any older posts (honest), my question is in relation to applying a scratch coat of s/c in short, to get a thickness of 10mm would you recommend two passes or would one cause problems in relation to slumping , I`ve only ever used hard wall in the past .

how do you do hard wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.