Skim Plastering job in Eastern France

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

trowelhead

The living room and study in our flat located in Ferney-Voltaire in Ain department (close to Geneva) needs to be skim plastered.

Around 50m sq of walls, cleaned with sugar soap, flat, and ready for plastering.

I will supply Lutece 2000L plaster, got more than enough bags! Plasterer needs to supply corner beads, stop beads, and PVA.

There's potential for more of the flat to be plastered, waiting to see.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Jonny

Trowelhead do I need scrim ?cos it's a he'll of a way to b&q if you ain't got it!lol maybe we can dot and dab over that erm what do you call it?iron curtain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol sorry thought your thread was eastern Europe !gis a second I'll see you on site erm French or English time lol.

Warriour is right mate is there not an expats mag in the area with a spread advertising in it otherwise use some local lads, to get someone to come out and do it is gonna cost you a grand at least just not viable.

days work that mate... chuck the rest of the flat in and make it a week...

@warrior... problem with finding a local tradesman, someone who can skim a room out.... theyre very few and far between in france, they charge stupid money (because they can) and if the work i saw was anything to go off.... theyre shite :-0
although they aint too bad at rendering... :RpS_bored:

and the french are good at roofing too........

sorry trowelhead your a bit far from my place(brittany when not in uk)

Last edited:
Bugger could have helped u out last month as we drove bk from job In Italy would have tied In nicely!! Bon chance!!!.... but don't use any Italians no offence but they live and die by the sponge!!!

Bugger could have helped u out last month as we drove bk from job In Italy would have tied In nicely!! Bon chance!!!.... but don't use any Italians no offence but they live and die by the sponge!!!

That's true I worked with an Italian spread for a while & he loved his sponge :RpS_biggrin:
& he loved onecoating multi/board finish.
He got a good finish to be fair to him.

trowelhead have a look on here for local plasterers or post a message on the general discussion board :RpS_thumbup:
Lyon: AngloINFO Anywhere

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Job now extended to 110m2 and found some english speaking locals, wish me luck! I'm expecting to pay a little more than the UK :(

Probably Gypsies, do they speak any other languages cos the more they speak the more people they can rip of:RpS_wink:

I know mate, pesamistic is the word, if i spelt it right the trouble is ime normaly right dont worry ime famous for it but dosent make me a bad person most people like me, ive been called a grumpy old git since i was twenty

plasterer in france

hi mate. my names matt. im an english plasterer and tiler currently working in the rhone alpes. i could do your job for you no problem but it would have to be at the the end of june as i am busy with some hotel work til then, my work is of a good standard and my prices are reasonable. drop me a line if you want me to give you a quote,, regards,,matt e
The living room and study in our flat located in Ferney-Voltaire in Ain department (close to Geneva) needs to be skim plastered.

Around 50m sq of walls, cleaned with sugar soap, flat, and ready for plastering.

I will supply Lutece 2000L plaster, got more than enough bags! Plasterer needs to supply corner beads, stop beads, and PVA.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Jonny

Hi Mat hope you can help the fellow out, tell us more about how France is and what the work oportunities are, life etc, hope you get the work mate.

Hey guys what would you say to someone here who charges the equivalent of £25/m2 for skimming?
I would say to her do you get a lot of work plastering in the nude, i need a couple of walls doing in my house if your interested and why did you give up modeling :)

Hey guys what would you say to someone here who charges the equivalent of £25/m2 for skimming?

I would say "It's obviously awkward to do, so you are charging a fair rate, as I fully understand that I am paying for your time as a skilled craftsman & not just the area covered":RpS_thumbup:

i would ask what youre doing on here if you need to ask that question, unless youre just a member of the average public...
I'd charge the equivalent of around £80 per square metre for a square metre on its own..

what sort of dumbass question is that to ask a bunch of plasterers?

Chris W, I don't know what the hell's wrong with you, must be wrong time of the month? Someone lit your tampon fuse or something?

Anyway, where was I... yes, we've got some people lined up to give some quotes, all I wanted to know from "professional" plasterers is: is £25/m2 is a bit steep.

sorry trowelhead... i assumed you were a plasterer...
£25 per metre for what sort of plastering? and how many metres? how many beads/angles? etc etc

From earlier:

Job now extended to 110m2

o its this job... sorry mate.. reading the new posts bit.. not looking at the tit:RpS_laugh:les
2750 including flights accom travel shipping of tools materials?

It really needs to be put into context, ie cost of living, materials, tax, ni, pension, insurance, wear and tear, cost of beer/wine (buckfast don't want to leave Casper out) oh and SUPPLY & DEMAND

Status
Not open for further replies.