skimming new plasterboard, sucking like crazy?!

Members online

olyboy

hi all! just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.....
so house has all been dry-lined for me, and the boards are just drying the plaster out super fast. normally id do a decent sized hit with no problems but by the time id laid on the top of just a small wall, id come back to lay on the bottom half and the top had already pulled in so much it would barely accept a trowel! hits that would normally take me 2-3 hours are troweled and finished in under and hour, and thats doing 2 coats!! sounds good but you cant get a lot on if you want to keep up with it! got a few more rooms to do there next week and i might pva or even wet the boards up a bit.. thoughts??
if you flick water at the boards they just suck the water straight in. happy plastering folks!

Boards could be out of date, pva them if they've been on a while or had them a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the lads on our firm getting the same .....setting that quick its peeling back off the boards.

2 weeks ago couldnt get it on the walls setting to quick......now its sits in the bin and wont work on the walls.

Unifinish

im firing this s**t into a bucket of water......sealing them tonight and 1 coat the scum in the morning !!
thank you mr joiner.

Attachments

• 20170811_140522.jpg
    20170811_140522.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 404
hi all! just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.....
so house has all been dry-lined for me, and the boards are just drying the plaster out super fast. normally id do a decent sized hit with no problems but by the time id laid on the top of just a small wall, id come back to lay on the bottom half and the top had already pulled in so much it would barely accept a trowel! hits that would normally take me 2-3 hours are troweled and finished in under and hour, and thats doing 2 coats!! sounds good but you cant get a lot on if you want to keep up with it! got a few more rooms to do there next week and i might pva or even wet the boards up a bit.. thoughts??
if you flick water at the boards they just suck the water straight in. happy plastering folks!

ceilings/moisture/insultion boards are fine just the 12 wall boards are dire.

Had this problem a few times. Had to double pva them,the problem was mainly with duraline boards which hadn't been up that long. Talked to some lads about it and they said bg compensated them for having to pva.

Thanks for the replys, first day back on the job today, hit a ceiling which was 9.5 so thought they would be a different batch, did the same so I've double pva-d tomorrow's hits! Defo the boards tho and nothing else untoward as had to finish boarding a small section and that was still soaking wet when the rest was double coated and troweled up!