speed skim productivity

:glare:Im not a muppet or a liar, my work is top quality, i dont miss processes out, i was taught old school by old hats, i understand the materials i use and i have the confidence and experiance to do what i do, some people find laying on 5 bags a hard days graft, i personaly dont, i would expect comments like yours to come from somebody who done a weeks plastering course and thinks hes a plasterer, cant amagine one of those courses would teach you how to lay on more than 1 bag a set.:flapper:

5-8 bags put on good boarding correctly would amount to 60 - 100 metres depending on the amount of beads to fill etc. Finished well, that is plenty for an average days work.

You put it on 50% thicker than it needs be and that is why your bag count is high. You cover no more area than the next man, but are doing more work...

5-8 bags put on good boarding correctly would amount to 60 - 100 metres depending on the amount of beads to fill etc. Finished well, that is plenty for an average days work.

You put it on 50% thicker than it needs be and that is why your bag count is high. You cover no more area than the next man, but are doing more work...
Didnt say i done more than the next man just some,we need to get together for a race and quality check:RpS_cool: you can put on 100 mtrs a day? wanna race:RpS_lol: i just love a challange.:RpS_thumbsup: whoop whoop

Scottie5
I started out with nothing.....and I still have most of it left.
Is this sea sick steve?
:RpS_thumbsup:

Oh yeah now i get it:RpS_lol: very good

I took my youngest to a kids birthday party up your way recently. I wouldn't let him have any of the jelly and ice cream. The wife asked why not and I told her they haven't made they jelly mix properly, look at them I said " SOMERSET and some are still liquid"

I took my youngest to a kids birthday party up your way recently. I wouldn't let him have any of the jelly and ice cream. The wife asked why not and I told her they haven't made they jelly mix properly, look at them I said " SOMERSET and some are still liquid"
:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

We should get a stand up section on here?? You'd be ace Olli and Jurek I'd have a go even if I just get pelted with glass etc and booed lol :RpS_thumbup:

I was once arrested for shouting abuse at an empire strikes back character in somerset.
I was charged with,
Taunting a tauntaun in taunton.

Hi Gibbo
I dont get that much from 12 bags, as an example my 5 bags sets get me about 37- 45 mtrs, i do knock up thicker than most, now your all gona tell me to knock up wetter and put more on, cant do it im stuck in my ways:)

5 bags gets you 45m2 ******* hell you must be putting it thick as ****!!!! 3 bags will get you 45m2 if your good with it! You keep doing the extra work kid

Lets start a new thread.
How much you puttin on and how far can you make a bag go, jeeees

5 bags gets you 45m2 ******* hell you must be putting it thick as ****!!!! 3 bags will get you 45m2 if your good with it! You keep doing the extra work kid
I am good with it, how the hell are you getting 45mtrs out of 3 bags, about 20 mtrs a bag that is, you must be able to see all the skrim joints, screw heads and any bumps in the wall when your done.

anyway getting back to the speedskim, ive ordered the 1200, 600 and ceiling attachment so will see how they work.

If your mixing it thick they won't do **** all except make your plastering look worse then before

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I now know why BG have put the instructions on the back of the bags, even most spreads don't know how many m2 they should be getting from a bag.

They also say 11ltrs water to a bag **** that far too stiff

Either that or you're using it wetter than it's designed to be. I'd guess we use about 11ltrs to a bag although we mix 10ltrs worth at a time, so a bit of powder left in the bag.
I'm sure it doesn't matter either way.

lol one black bucket of water and a splash :) thats me being technical...

If I got a measuring jug out on site I would have got a slap :)